Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S/c Kits

Can anyone help please Im new to LOC and Ive just purchased a TTE S/C kit for my 2002 registered IS200SE(auto)Navigator and am looking for some advice.I want to increase my bhp to something around the 240-250 mark.I understand that you can add a TTE induction kit to the S/C to get a further 6-10bhp on top of the increase from the S/C.The only problem is that Im under slightly under the thumb I share the motor with my lady, and although she doesnt mind an increase in power,she wont accept any increase in noise and as I understand it the induction kit amps the sound of the car.Is there anything that I can do to increase power without making the car too loud?.I am also looking at the big brake kit and TTE coilover kit offered by Dave at Prolex(who has given me some very sound advice/great help).Do you think that the brake kit and coils are important or do you think there are other parts that can do the same or better job.can you please advice anything for the inc in BHP without the large amplification in noise by any chance or am I dreaming.By the way I also spoke to a Gent named Steve from glossop,hes fitting my S/C for me for £400 although its fairly expensive hes done 5/6 now and he seems to know what the crack is.At the moment my knowledge of the IS200 and its possibilities are non existent.Please be gentle with me.Also Will be happy to group buy any products just let me know when and where,my budget for the car is still fairly healthy.Cheers Rsarin

Firstly, welcome to LOC. :)

If you need to be careful of noise, the don't go for the induction! It's loud! Think about an exhaust (5hp ish) and maybe a manifold. Change your sparkplugs to cooler ones while you are at it.

I would suggest you look at anti-roll bars as they will have a big improvement on reducing the roll on the IS. Coilovers are always a worthwhile addition if you can afford them.

Hope that helps a little... :)

Can anyone help please Im new to LOC and Ive just purchased a TTE S/C kit for my 2002 registered IS200SE(auto)Navigator and am looking for some advice.I want to increase my bhp to something around the 240-250 mark.I understand that you can add a TTE induction kit to the S/C to get a further 6-10bhp on top of the increase from the S/C.

TTE do not make an induction kit for the supercharger, ive never seen any proven gains for any induction kit for the supercharger

The only problem is that Im under slightly under the thumb I share the motor with my lady, and although she doesnt mind an increase in power,she wont accept any increase in noise and as I understand it the induction kit amps the sound of the car.Is there anything that I can do to increase power without making the car too loud?.

a catch 22 situation, a free element induction as you say amplifies the induction

I am also looking at the big brake kit and TTE coilover kit offered by Dave at Prolex(who has given me some very sound advice/great help).Do you think that the brake kit and coils are important or do you think there are other parts that can do the same or better job

the TTE coilover kit is fine, id personally go for anti-roll bars first rather than coilovers, as for BBK, i dont think that you are at the level of performance to require a BBk yet, considering the same brakes are used on the GS430, which is a heavier and more powerfull car.

.can you please advice anything for the inc in BHP without the large amplification in noise by any chance or am I dreaming.By the way I also spoke to a Gent named Steve from glossop,hes fitting my S/C for me for £400 although its fairly expensive hes done 5/6 now and he seems to know what the crack is.

Supercharger fitting isnt very hard at all, i have fitted a fair few aswel, most members have fitted there own on there driveways or with help of other members in fields at car shows

At the moment my knowledge of the IS200 and its possibilities are non existent.Please be gentle with me.Also Will be happy to group buy any products just let me know when and where,my budget for the car is still fairly healthy.Cheers Rsarin

welcome, use the search, its a fantastic tool for finding infomation on past topics.

if you have any questions im more than happy to answer them, either on the forums, or by PM

Thanks for the warm welcome Gentlemen very kind to respond so fast.Thanks for the offer Certainly will be using your expertise again.the adv about big brake kit makes sense,im sure the £s can be used for other improv/mods.I feel slightly lame for not being able to carry out any of the big jobs on the car myself as I have 0 mech experience and am surrounded with friends who claim to know everything, not a good combo of ppl to pop the hood and fit an S/c.Think I will get the TTE coiliover kit anyway,as you say its always nice. can you suggest a good place to purchase tried and tested anti role bars? cheers boss.Rsarin

Thanks for the warm welcome Gentlemen very kind to respond so fast.Thanks for the offer Certainly will be using your expertise again.the adv about big brake kit makes sense,im sure the £s can be used for other improv/mods.I feel slightly lame for not being able to carry out any of the big jobs on the car myself as I have 0 mech experience and am surrounded with friends who claim to know everything, not a good combo of ppl to pop the hood and fit an S/c.Think I will get the TTE coiliover kit anyway,as you say its always nice. can you suggest a good place to purchase tried and tested anti role bars? cheers boss.Rsarin

i have the TRD yellows on the Monster, and persoanlly have tried a fair few types feel these are the best for spirited driving, the TTE are fine.....i have Cusco on the drift car

regards fitting the supercharger there is a guy in stoke that i am sure could do it for you he is a lexus Tech

If you need to be careful of noise, the don't go for the induction! It's loud! Think about an exhaust (5hp ish) and maybe a manifold. Change your sparkplugs to cooler ones while you are at it.

Thanks Boss for quick response,can you suggest which plugs and exhaust to get?.Im sure regular LOC members like yourself have a clear idea of whats the best on the market.Unfortunately I really have not yet educated myself about the basics so apologising in advance for the amateur questions.What do you have on yours by the way?(if u dont mind me asking).cheers Rsarin

welcome, use the search, its a fantastic tool for finding infomation on past topics.

exhaust is subjective.....you said you cant have noise, HKS silent....does as it says on the tin

on the monster i have twin Hiper mufflers, on the drift car its all custom

Ill take those anti roll bars straight away,are they ok to buy second hand?my money is on the table anyway.

You'll have no problem with those second hand.

For spark plugs - Do a search on the forum for this - you'll need IK22's I think (slightly cooler than what you have ). Try eBay (lads on here have got them cheap off there).

Click here for the official LOC exhaust thread

Edited by Zee007

Also Will be happy to group buy any products just let me know when and where,my budget for the car is still fairly healthy.Cheers Rsarin

Welcome to LOC, I live in Stafford, just down the road and work from Fenton, any pics of your car?

If you follow any of these lads your budget won't be lasting too long. :D :D :D :D

all this info is great thanks,please let me know the guy in stoke's number if u have it or any contact for him.U have solved most of my troubles within 30 mins.the time you have given is much appreciated.Im left with £2050 after getting the S/C and the fitting.My objective is as much power as I can cram in,ideally 250hp but with as little noise as poss.Is this impossible to acheive?.Or instead of getting the S/C should I have gone and got a 5 grand turbo conversion at prolex.What do u reckon?

if you want to get about 240-250, you'll need a smaller pulley and larger intercooler, although i'm not exactly sure what that will take you up to.

With just the supercharger you'll be at around 200bhp

you will also need to upgrade fuelling with these items :whistling:

when you say that i need to upgrade fuelling if I get a smaller pulley and larger intercooler can u explain,im not sure what that means geez,sorry im abit thick.cheers Rsarin

smaller pulley = faster compressor = more boost = larger intercooler for better cooling

more boost = need for more fuel = upgrade a new fuel return line and external regulator

if you want to get about 240-250, you'll need a smaller pulley and larger intercooler, although i'm not exactly sure what that will take you up to.

With just the supercharger you'll be at around 200bhp

you will also need to upgrade fuelling with these items :whistling:

oops, yes! I knew I forgot something off the list! :blush:

If you want more power, somethings gotta give on the noise... Header from Prolex or TDi might be worth looking into. Removes the pre-cats, should expect 10hp i think.

Welcome to the club ;)

thanks for advice "remove the precats".What are these?does it create noise?if i remove the precats do I have to do anything else or does removing the precats always add around 10hp.cheers Rsarin

you really should use the search function, however much i totally enjoy answering questions, all has been covered before :D

Edited by Monster-Mat

For anywhere near the hp you're after, going the s/c route; you're going to have to free up the exhaust system. But in turn will create more noise.

I had the s/c with a standard exhaust at first and had around 200hp at the flywheel. Just fitting a decent cat back exhaust could add upto another 8 hp or so.

thanks for advice "remove the precats".What are these?does it create noise?if i remove the precats do I have to do anything else or does removing the precats always add around 10hp.cheers Rsarin

Its always advisable to remove the precats when S/Cing, believe it provides a quicker route for escaping gases. not sure it will ad 10bhp but it will certainly help to reaching your target.

EDIT:-

beaten by Bazza again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links