Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worried

I've just been reading about the Merc solution, called SBC, which is basically brake-by-wire.

They are discontinuing it in E-Class and CLKs this year for some reason, which is a shame, because it provides a lot of neat features, such as the aforementioned cruise control, and also a feature where you can hold the car stationary without holding the brake pedal down or applying the handbrake. This is great in traffic or on a hill.

Had another look this morning......

Seem to be a load more rust spots but a lot of them move so I am now under the impression that this is most probably pollution from the work they are doing the other side of my house, strengthening the river wall. There is a lot of steel cutting going on. Didn't have time to go and look at other cars in the area.

I'm glad that it is probably not a paint fault but very worried that some of these small filings are bonding with the paintwork. :crybaby:

Going for a long drive this weekend so will re test the Cruise Control.

Possibly there is nothing at all wrong with my car but situations are conspiring against me. :blush:

You know what its like when you buy a new car.

Had another look this morning......

Seem to be a load more rust spots but a lot of them move so I am now under the impression that this is most probably pollution from the work they are doing the other side of my house, strengthening the river wall. There is a lot of steel cutting going on. Didn't have time to go and look at other cars in the area.

I'm glad that it is probably not a paint fault but very worried that some of these small filings are bonding with the paintwork. :crybaby:

Going for a long drive this weekend so will re test the Cruise Control.

Possibly there is nothing at all wrong with my car but situations are conspiring against me. :blush:

You know what its like when you buy a new car.

OMG - That's kinda good news I think, isn't it ? :blink:

How long are they going to be strengthening that wall ?

I wouldn't have thought that the steel cuttings would bond to your paint. They probably appear to be cuz of the cold weather we're having at the moment.

Be careful if you're gonna clean it. I'd recommend using a hose or something to try and "rinse" the filings off before applying a sponge or wash mitt to the area and spreading them around your car and scratching the nice paintwork.

Be careful if you're gonna clean it. I'd recommend using a hose or something to try and "rinse" the filings off before applying a sponge or wash mitt to the area and spreading them around your car and scratching the nice paintwork.

Here here - I'll never forget the time when my son dropped the sponge on the floor (he was 5 at the time :blush: ), immediately picked it up and carried on washing my Pug 406... :angry: The last thing you want to do is "push" the metal filings around...

I know they're geekiy, but how about a bright blue Tarpaulin cover :P ?

Some of them are definitely stuck on the paintwork. Possibly they have sat there and corroded with the salt and water around this time of the year?

I think I'm going to take it to the dealer to get his impression before I go near it with my washing mitt.

Might give it a spray off with the pressure washer initially to get rid of most of the mess.

What do you think?

Some of them are definitely stuck on the paintwork. Possibly they have sat there and corroded with the salt and water around this time of the year?

I think I'm going to take it to the dealer to get his impression before I go near it with my washing mitt.

Might give it a spray off with the pressure washer initially to get rid of most of the mess.

What do you think?

Do you reckon your stealership will have a sympathetic ear ? All I can imagine is that they'll say "not our problem, but if you want it sorted we can do it for x amount".

I really hope I AM wrong, and maybe I'm just thinking a bit too negative on this. :blush:

Oh, and if you ARE going to take it to the stealership, don't bother spraying any off at the mo as you want them to see how bad it really is - if there's just a couple of flecks on there, they'll probably think you're wasting their time. And if you are going to use the pressure washer, put it on a really gentle speed if possible as you don't want to be "forcing" those spikes into your paint. :winky:

I'm taking the car to the dealer tomorrow Friday (Whoops).

I can imagine their response....."You should have had the car supaguarded :sick: "

Will also check out the CC and Windsheild de-icer.

Will let you know how i get on.

If they are doing work near your place, I'd consider getting a car cover, especially if it is damaging the paintwork. Also, if it is being caused by an outside source, I don't see any reason why Lexus should do anything about it (regardless of how good their customer service is)

With regards to the cruise control, in my auto, it will downshift when going downhill, but still only uses engine braking, so I guess they probably wouldn't have changed that, although the ones with ACC do actually use the brakes.

IMHO, I don't think cruise control is actually that useful with ACC, I barely ever use it, unless I'm somewhere new, and want to make sure I don't exceed the speed limit (outside london, speed cameras seem to come out of nowhere)

IMHO, I don't think cruise control is actually that useful with ACC, I barely ever use it, unless I'm somewhere new, and want to make sure I don't exceed the speed limit (outside london, speed cameras seem to come out of nowhere)

I am really looking forward to the ACC on my IS250. My current Volvo's cruise control does not have ACC. If cruise control is active and the car in front slows down, I tend to creep closer, hoping that the car in front will speed up again, rather than braking and kicking out the cruise control.

I know, not smart.

With ACC activated, that problem goes away as the IS250 slows automatically to keep a minimum distance behind the car in front if it slows and then resumes if the car in front speeds up or changes lane. Top idea if you ask me :lol:

I am a valeter and its normaly on the surface! Say when drilled plates and **** like that! Fairy is an alkalie and takes off all polish! u have 2 pick them off then polish the mark you do it any other way and you scratch the crap out of it! lol

Went to the dealer today to get things checked out.

Cruise Control - OK just doesn't function too well below 40mph but same as demonstrator car.

Windscreen Wiper Deicer - OK - Just doesn't get as hot as I was LED to believe.

How embarrased am I. :blush:

Loud click from centre console when leaning leg against it (Drivers Side) - Dealer has a car with the same problem and they will fix mine when they have found a solution.

Rusty specs - definitely pollution. Wash today and tried to rub off. Most of them go with a bit of polish but some are pretty bad. Needed to rub quite hard with a cutting polish to remove :tsktsk: (Don't really want to be using this on a 3week old car :angry: ).

The car is coverd in tiny brown specs! Some really hard to shift!. Not enough daytime today to get rid of many of them. Going to need a full days work I think.

I Will have to find some good product to get rid of them.

Any suggestions?

Don't really fancy trying fairy liquid as previously suggested.

Meguiars ScratchX or a clay bar (Meguiars Quik CLAY)?

Do you guys rate Meguiars?

Still I am gutted to be having to do this on a three week old car!

Went to the dealer today to get things checked out.

Cruise Control - OK just doesn't function too well below 40mph but same as demonstrator car.

Windscreen Wiper Deicer - OK - Just doesn't get as hot as I was led to believe.

How embarrased am I. :blush:

Loud click from centre console when leaning leg against it (Drivers Side) - Dealer has a car with the same problem and they will fix mine when they have found a solution.

Rusty specs - definitely pollution. Wash today and tried to rub off. Most of them go with a bit of polish but some are pretty bad. Needed to rub quite hard with a cutting polish to remove :tsktsk: (Don't really want to be using this on a 3week old car :angry: ).

The car is coverd in tiny brown specs! Some really hard to shift!. Not enough daytime today to get rid of many of them. Going to need a full days work I think.

I Will have to find some good product to get rid of them.

What did the Dealer advise?

Any suggestions?

Don't really fancy trying fairy liquid as previously suggested.

Meguiars ScratchX or a clay bar (Meguiars Quik CLAY)?

Do you guys rate Meguiars?

Still I am gutted to be having to do this on a three week old car!

What did the Dealer Advise?

Tel

What did the Dealer Advise?

Tel

Was it supaguarded?

A- No.

Clean it regularly. Will take some rubbing to get rid of the marks. Polish it today (Unfortunately didn't have time and it's a bit too cold)

If not bring it in and we can treat it for you.

Didn't ask how much.

They said they would use a clay bar so I think that answers it really.

• 4 weeks later...
Gave my new IS250 its first wash today. Argento Ice. 2weeks old.

Noticed small orange rusty looking specs in the paintwork in the inward curved areas on the body. :o

Is this normal? Not seen anything like it before.

I had exactly the same problem on a car I once owned, it was caused by air pollution from a local sweet factory. It was small globules of orange/red spots. Had to remove it with chemicals, as it wasn;t covered by warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links