Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today Was The Day.

The back end now steps out a bit more often than before. Oh and the fuel consumption has gone down a fair way, but thats just because I love the noise it makes when you let off the accelerator at high revs. :D :D

Apparently both of these problems can be cured by reducing presure on the loud pedal (a more than apt description too with your exhaust!) :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all was good in the end mate. Glad for you.

Hope none of this happens when mine is being done this week well it shouldnt because it is being done professionally.

Yup all sorted out now. Fingers crossed for yours as well and that the black box transfers across ok.

I have to say Andy did a very professional job on it though and the little problem was one that could not be seen, only felt.

Still waiting for a new throttle cable from TTE then i'll be able to use it to its full potential.

Anyone know the best place to get a low pressure boost guage from? maximum of 1 bar.

Lee.

Hope none of this happens when mine is being done this week well it shouldnt because it is being done professionally.

Yup all sorted out now. Fingers crossed for yours as well and that the black box transfers across ok.

I have to say Andy did a very professional job on it though and the little problem was one that could not be seen, only felt.

Still waiting for a new throttle cable from TTE then i'll be able to use it to its full potential.

Anyone know the best place to get a low pressure boost guage from? maximum of 1 bar.

Lee.

Hi,

i just got one of these cheap and fast delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GAUGEPLACE-STEALTH-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lee.

Hi,

Cheers for that, I just found this one as well

1Bar boost gauge 2nd one down.

Where have you mounted yours?

Lee.

Hi,

Cheers for that, I just found this one as well

1Bar boost gauge 2nd one down.

Where have you mounted yours?

I haven't fitted it yet i was going to see if a sat nav housing pops up on eBay and mount it in there

along with oil temp,oil pressure gauges

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

MOT taken today, very nice people in the garage, plenty of interest in the blower.

Anyway, all went ok, forgot to change my sidelights over, this was done quickly while he was inside the car :winky:

Also the LED side indicators needed changing as they wern't amber enough, no problem, had the old ones in the boot.

Then came the emissions test :blush: with the manifold being de-catted I took the car in nice and warm and it stayed on tick over till the end. In went the rod, HC test was fine, Lambda sensor went red as did the CO, reading 0.485, minimum allowed is 0.200. Test failed. :o

Held the car at 2500RPM and the bloke tested it again, HC and Lambda sensor went green, and as soon as the engine hit the right temperature the CO reading shot right down to 0.012

Test passed :D :D

So the car needs to be really really warm before it passes. He gave me a print out of the emissions to keep in the car incase I get stopped in future.

Lucky they let you in....... Irish N.C.T (MOT), you have to wait in the waiting room until it's over...

No, they were decent guys, as soon as you get talking to people its amazing what you can do. Supposed to stay in the waiting area, but everyone wanted to chat about the car so ended up sitting in it, in the air, applying the brake, handbrake, lights.

Like the blitz nur spec on the IS is not too loud. On the altezza its loud.

:offtopic: but the NUR Spec on Mikes Tubby sounds absolutely gorgeous.

Lucky they let you in....... Irish N.C.T (MOT), you have to wait in the waiting room until it's over...

No, they were decent guys, as soon as you get talking to people its amazing what you can do. Supposed to stay in the waiting area, but everyone wanted to chat about the car so ended up sitting in it, in the air, applying the brake, handbrake, lights.

I guess supercharged lexus' are not that common. :D

I guess supercharged lexus' are not that common. :D

True, there were some old boys in there talking about when they used to put blowers on old bentleys, they were really reminising, even took one of them out for a spin afterwards :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links