Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

General Maintenance Parts Before Going Stroker/single?

skeet94

OKAY I'm gathering up my shopping list for the car for this year.

Syd (aka Tempo) this car will be a completely different car to what it is now (and when you had it) :driving:

OKAY I've been doing alot of reading and talking to some american people and reading opinions/experiences.

I've just managed to secure myself what I've always wanted on the Aristo.

A set of Veilside Andrew Racing Dish Wheels (19x9 in the front & 19x10 in the rear).

I'm also having a Rotora BBK ordered from the USA for all four corners all around (6pot front/4pot rear). I seriously think the brake/power ratio is just not right on this car whatsoever. As well as the BBK Kits I'm having an extra 3 sets of discs & pads for the BBK bought along with it so shouldn't be a problem for future maintenance. The wheels will clear easily so thought why not?

Now what I need to know is, what kind of maintenance items should I have replaced before I begin my single project?

So far I've got the following:

1) All Brake components are covered.

2) New suspension will be in the form of Tein CS Coilovers with TRD struts all around (from Japan).

3) Full upper and lower suspension arms (OEM)

4) ARS Cancellor

5) Water Pump/Timing Belt (when the engine is out).

6) Uprated Radiator

My mind draws a blank from here onwards...If anyone could give me some more things?

I'm looking to have the following modifications done to the engine while it is out of the car:

1) 3.4L Stroker Kit & port and polish head.

2) SP67GT (should spoolup very FAST with Stroker & VVTi)yet have silly potential

3) Custom Manifold, Downpipe & mid-pipe leading to Blitz Nur Spec R's (just love the sound and look)

4) HKS V-CAM & Controller

5) GReddy 4row FMIC or Spearco or Garrett (Spearco & Garrett will be custom application)

6) AEM EMS or MOTEC M800 (still not 100% which one depends on who can tune it)

7) Full PHR Stage 2 Fuel system to support the upgrades (maybe Stage 1 as I'm only looking at 550-600rwhp).

8) Custom rebuilt A340E Automatic Transmission with a 3200rpm stall torque convertor (recommended based on 3.4L Stroker & SP63GT combo) with two coolers & fans

9) Tuned for 9250rpm redline (crank on 3.4L rated for 9500rpm)

10) Racelogic Traction Control

11) Full complement of DEFI Guages (Boost, Oil Pressure, Water Pressure, ATF Temperature, etc)

Now you see why I'd rather get the general maintenance items out of the way at the same time :).

So come on people help me out so I can start shopping for it all :).

Also need some sort of a guideline on price on how much it could all cost (setup, tune, install, etc). Gaz I tried PM'ing you on MSN regarding this but no answer as of yet :). If there's anything you think I need Gaz let me know and I'll add that onto the list but I'm pretty certain that's all there is to it.

As of right now I'm just in the process of buying all the parts. Should have everything in my hands by summer ready to be put in!

My goals with this car is for it to be a highly streetable car with stock looks except for the wheels and the "slightly" visible FMIC. Daily power will be around 400-450rwhp and for more "fun" days 550-600rwhp.

Syd (aka Tempo) this car will be a completely different car to what it is now (and when you had it) :driving:

OKAY I've been doing alot of reading and talking to some american people and reading opinions/experiences.

A set of Veilside Andrew Racing Dish Wheels (19x9 in the front & 19x10 in the rear).

I'm also having a Rotora BBK ordered from the USA for all four corners all around (6pot front/4pot rear). I seriously think the brake/power ratio is just not right on this car whatsoever. As well as the BBK Kits I'm having an extra 3 sets of discs & pads for the BBK bought along with it so shouldn't be a problem for future maintenance. The wheels will clear easily so thought why not?

Now what I need to know is, what kind of maintenance items should I have replaced before I begin my single project?

2) New suspension will be in the form of Tein CS Coilovers with TRD struts all around (from Japan).

4) ARS Cancellor

6) Uprated Radiator

My mind draws a blank from here onwards...If anyone could give me some more things?

I'm looking to have the following modifications done to the engine while it is out of the car:

2) SP67GT (should spoolup very FAST with Stroker & VVTi)yet have silly potential

3) Custom Manifold, Downpipe & mid-pipe leading to Blitz Nur Spec R's (just love the sound and look)

5) GReddy 4row FMIC or Spearco or Garrett (Spearco & Garrett will be custom application)

7) Full PHR Stage 2 Fuel system to support the upgrades (maybe Stage 1 as I'm only looking at 550-600rwhp).

8) Custom rebuilt A340E Automatic Transmission with a 3200rpm stall torque convertor (recommended based on 3.4L Stroker & SP63GT combo) with two coolers & fans

11) Full complement of DEFI Guages (Boost, Oil Pressure, Water Pressure, ATF Temperature, etc)

Now you see why I'd rather get the general maintenance items out of the way at the same time :).

Also need some sort of a guideline on price on how much it could all cost (setup, tune, install, etc). Gaz I tried PM'ing you on MSN regarding this but no answer as of yet :). If there's anything you think I need Gaz let me know and I'll add that onto the list but I'm pretty certain that's all there is to it.

As of right now I'm just in the process of buying all the parts. Should have everything in my hands by summer ready to be put in!

My goals with this car is for it to be a highly streetable car with stock looks except for the wheels and the "slightly" visible FMIC. Daily power will be around 400-450rwhp and for more "fun" days 550-600rwhp.

Wow, thats my kind of project. ;)

In my opinion you've covered all the perfect bits.

Heres a little advice on a few parts.

Tein CS - I am not sure what your driving style is but I do mainly motorway miles AND even I think these are too soft. I'd get the flex.

TRD strut brace - very good, I'd also get the A-brace. I'm also at some point getting the Tom 6 point chassis brace kit. And if you really want it to go like its on rails, the Carbing Cross Bar and Floor Braces.

Onto the main mods

1) Stroker - that we give you bucketloads of torque esp with the VVTi. It will sacrifice some spool though. If you want to rev it high - I'd stick with a 3.1L .20 overbore - CP Race Pistons from US or Jun/Tomei from Japan. The stroker kit retail is £6775 + VAT too ;)

2) Good choice - a bit OTT for 600hp though. I'd get a 63 which is still good for nearly 700hp.

3) Fine

4) I know of one of these FS cheap right now...

5) Get the Blitz intercooler for the Aristo. Much less hassle. You'll only have one pipe to make for the turbo side. 4 row is only for 1000+hp.

6) Go with the Motec. AEM hasnt sussed VVTi control properly yet. Motec is around £3k fitted and mapped by Owen Developments. The other option is Autronic about £3.5k fitted and mapped (including CDI)

7) Fine again, but a little OTT for your power levels. You could get PE 800cc injectors, modify the stock rail and get a Walbro pump. But if you want the best then go for it.

8) Perfect.

9) Only for racing. I'd keep it too 8500rpm in all honestly. It'll live a lot longer! That should give you 5k rpm of full boost (believe me thats a lot!)

10) Good mod.

11) Very worthwhile.

HTH a little. BTW I'll try and be on MSN all day tommorow :)

Oh and 3 sets of discs and pads - are you planning to keep the car 10 years?! :D

Gaz.

Hello Gaz & ProLex :).

Doesn't the Flex take away that "Lexus" feeling because I mostly want this to be a high powered Luxury Cruiser. Reading up on www.clublexus.com the CS is more orientated towards the stock comfort whilst not being as stiff or noisy as the Teins. Worst comes to worst - Tein make custom coilovers too so will consider that. Also Tein's will be used with the EDFC so wouldn't that help regarding stiffness/softness in different driving conditions with the CS. Although I've no way of taking a GS300/GS430 or Aristo for a drive with the CS or Flex as there's not many being modified here :(.

1) The 3.4L Stroker will be from Titan Motorsports in the USA...I'm actually considering picking up their street/race shortblock as it comes fully machined/assembled and is just a matter of "plug & play"...but just unsure if I'll be able to do just a straight swap (of the shortblock keeping the VVTi head). If not then I'll just pick up their Stroker Kit. Also a waiting time of about 3-4 weeks is REALLY tempting compared to JUN, HKS, etc. Is also rated to 9,500rpm but since it'll be a daily driver I'll stick to the stock rev limit if not for anything else but reliability as you both pointed out.

For more info on these...check out...

http://store.titanmotorsports.com/builenparpac.html

I'm deadset on this Kit since it's been proven over and over again for both Race and Daily use and also has the advantage of a Billet Crankshaft something which HKS do NOT offer. Shipping comes up to about $600. So about £7,750 including Del + VAT & Import Duties for the shortblock and about £5000 including Del + VAT & Import Duties for the Stroker Kit on it's own.

2) Turbo-wise...I was considering the SP63 before I was told I won't be sacrificing much spool if I went with the SP67 considering it'll be a Stroker & VVTi not to mention I'll have the power on boost when needed and no need for upgrades in the future. Might consider getting the DBB version of this.

Skipping 3)...

4) I'll ask you on MSN regarding how much and when I can pick this up...

5) I'll definitely look at the Blitz now...was just trying to overbuild the car for it's power but you're right (once again) lol.

6) The Motec M800 it is, the AEM can't control VVTi true, but wouldn't the HKS V-CAM Kit Controller help with this? Or would that just be a whole lot of headache.

7) The Kit includes everything for it, and more or less covers me for the future should I wish to upgrade to more power. Thanks for the approval again Gaz.

8) The A340E rebuild is done by...STC in the USA...found via www.supraforums.com. Their stage II rebuild is able to withstand 700rwhp and 9/10 second passes. Again proven on the road and track by alot of people and highly recommended alongside BL's rebuild.

Here is a link to their forum...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Also do Torque Convertors which are better than anything on the market right now for a rebuilt A340E being pushed by a high powered Supra. Drivability is not sacrificed and neither is the smooth shifting unless at full power launches where the shifts are fast & hard. Waiting for response from Marko (guy from STC) regarding pricing including shipping etc.

The rest I'm glad meets your approval.

I do plan on keeping the car for as long as possible hence the three sets of discs & pads lol...

Although can someone tell me what kind of general maintenance items I should have taken care of before I begin?

Thanks.

I'll post up pics of everything I get, as soon as I get it. First up will be the Veilside Wheels & Rotora BBK. I'm planning on picking everything up first one by one or two by two as budget allows and having it all thrown in, in one go.

4) ARS Cancellor

6) Uprated Radiator

Sounds like an interesting project :)

Something for you to bear in mind is that the safe intermittant engine speed for the 3.4 litre stoker kit is 7500 rpm and 7800 rpm for the 3.2 litre kit. This calculation is based on a generic formula for engine dynamics, but will vary slightly according to the connecting rod angularity. I just thought I'd mention it because I saw your refence to 9000 rpm.

One of the other things to consider if you have your heart set on 9000rpm is the camshaft design. The camshafts that come with the HKS Valcon system will not support this application.

You may be interested in next months J Tuner magazine which has a really nice VVT Supra that we built last year which has a very high spec 3.2 litre.

We can map MOTEC and AEM if needed. The FCON V Pro is also worthy of concideration. Our new mapping technician is brilliant, he got another 40hp over a previous mapper from this car by a small amount of careful tuning.

Good luck with this, and let me know if you need any help :)

Thanks tdiplc, I've taken all that into consideration regarding the 9000rpm. I'm sticking to the stock rev limit, since the 3.4L will give me some nice spool and a flatter more usable power curve too.

Just so everyone knows...Gaz (Envy Performance) is going to be the Helper/Installer/Tuner for this project.

Also going with the HKS FCON V PRO as it can be used alongside the HKS VCAM controller for ease of tuning and less complications/headaches.

Will have pictures up as the project progresses. Just curious about one thing...nobody seems to have answered ANYTHING regarding standard replacement maintenance that should be performed on the car. Want to replace majority of the wear & tear maintenance parts before anything else...anyone??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links