Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Manifold

skeet94

Need to know what kind of design aspects should be followed when having a custom manifold made.

I've spoken to Hayward & Scott for a custom exhaust manifold, downpipe & midepipe and am wondering what kind qualities would make for a optimal turbo manifold? Equal length is a given, but what other qualities would be a given for a high quality manifold.

Any opinions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Need to know what kind of design aspects should be followed when having a custom manifold made.

I've spoken to Hayward & Scott for a custom exhaust manifold, downpipe & midepipe and am wondering what kind qualities would make for a optimal turbo manifold? Equal length is a given, but what other qualities would be a given for a high quality manifold.

Any opinions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Have a wander over to IS300.NET there's a whole load of information on manifolds (they call them "headers")

equal length, is not a neccesity, smooth bends, and as short pipework as possible.

i am about to build my manifold for the turbocharging of the altezza engine, after lots and lots of reserch, i found it was easier to just make the manifold flow smoothly rather than equal.

if the engine was N/A then equal runners is a much as they scavange the cylinders

Mr Morse: Will definitely look at the site. Need to do more research as it is before I go and spend all my money lol.

Matt: That bit of info helps alot! :)

Already got a quotation Gaz :). Let's just say it's the same if not more than buying a GReddy Manifold and having it installed, even if it is a bit more I don't mind. Going all out with the car for sake of peace of mind. No skimping anywhere especially with a engine rebuild/manifold/turbo/etc.

Just out of curiosity would there be NO advantages whatsoever in a equal length manifold? OR is it just that advantages are minimal?

Already got a quotation Gaz :). Let's just say it's the same if not more than buying a GReddy Manifold and having it installed, even if it is a bit more I don't mind. Going all out with the car for sake of peace of mind. No skimping anywhere especially with a engine rebuild/manifold/turbo/etc.

Just out of curiosity would there be NO advantages whatsoever in a equal length manifold? OR is it just that advantages are minimal?

Thats interesting. We've got a Full Race equal length manifold for the 2JZ and it was big bucks - 1000's.

Do you want to PM me the actual price? ;)

BTW an equal length manifold can give around 50hp on a 800hp car over a non-equal one. It makes a huge difference!

Gaz.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links