Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

can anybody help me out there?

i have just purchased my first lexus and iam loving every dam minute of it(gs 430 sport),this car is just a beast.

anyhow, the problem/info i require is that my sat nav does not have the maintanence menu or the the calender memo plus a host of other advanced features.lexus at ******** have told me that they have never come across this before and tried putting a new disc in it and it still would not work.

they are now contacting lexus gb to find out why.

they have told me its definately a dvd version and not cd-rom.

when the sat nav starts up its supposed to have a dvd icon in the top right hand corner.......this does not have one. mine is a 2001 sept model.

any ideas?

Does your Sat Nav unit have buttons on both sides of the screen i.e. Climate, Menu, Destination? If it does then it is the CD-ROM based sat nav. If yours has the widescreen format screen, and only with buttons on the right hand side of the unit then it is the later DVD based sat nav.

Hope useful.

Does your Sat Nav unit have buttons on both sides of the screen i.e. Climate, Menu, Destination? If it does then it is the CD-ROM based sat nav. If yours has the widescreen format screen, and only with buttons on the right hand side of the unit then it is the later DVD based sat nav.

Hope useful.

hi sanman,

the buttons are on the right hand side only. but how come i cant get the features as described in the sat nav manual. did another version come out if so any ideas as to when it did.

thanks

As far as I'm aware no other version of sat nav came out on the GS since 2001 (apart from updated DVD disks).

You might want to get your dealer to do a diagnoistic check on the sat nav system to make sure it's all working as it should. There are some service menus that can be accessed (if you know which buttons to press in which particular order) directly on the sat nav screen that are used to set up and calibrate the system. This was done on my sat nav system by my local lexus dealer in a few minutes when my sat nav was playing up.

You may also want to check the DVD in the unit in the boot (under the mat on the right hand side), eject the disk and see if it is damaged/scratched.

Hope you get it sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
As far as I'm aware no other version of sat nav came out on the GS since 2001 (apart from updated DVD disks).

You might want to get your dealer to do a diagnoistic check on the sat nav system to make sure it's all working as it should. There are some service menus that can be accessed (if you know which buttons to press in which particular order) directly on the sat nav screen that are used to set up and calibrate the system. This was done on my sat nav system by my local lexus dealer in a few minutes when my sat nav was playing up.

You may also want to check the DVD in the unit in the boot (under the mat on the right hand side), eject the disk and see if it is damaged/scratched.

Hope you get it sorted.

I had a 2001 GS430 sport last year and someone I know also had a 51 GS300 - both SATNAVS were DVD.

My SAT NAV did not have the route preview or the calendar function you describe as missing - I also was missing the 3rd route option and the info button for the DVD vesion. The 51 GS300 though did have all of this! I would guess that Lexus switched over to an updated DVD satnav somewhere in that year - the one I had reminded me very much of the CD based version but quicker as it was on DVD.

Also your SATNAV DVD disc will not work in the one with the calendar functions and route preview - they have different codes as I found out when I changed my Sport. Lexus confirmed this.

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links