Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Locking Fault Is250 Se

RickC

Hi,

Picked up my new IS 250 SE in navy blue on Friday last week and being enjoying my new car. However...

I've been starting to have issues with the central locking which caused a rather embarrasing situation in a petrol station yesterday.

I stopped to fill her up, did the usual; park brake, P on gearbox and switched off the engine. I got out of the car and pushed the door button twice to double lock it at usual. Nothing happened. No indicators. Nothing. I took the fob out and tried the button but still no joy. Repeated presses were causing a small LED on the fob to light up.

I abandoned locking the car and got back in. Started reading the locking section to see if I had missed something (this hasn't happened before!). Started the engine. Shut it down. Got out of the car and tried blipping the handle again. The next thing, I get the interior pips like the Radio 4 time signal. 2 pips and 1 continuous tone. Still no locks.

Got back in (again) read the manual some more and could not make head nor tail of it. Switched off mobile and Bluetooth headset. Get out of car again and car finally locks.

No problems at all with entering the car.

Happened again today first thing this morning. Got back in car. Moved Bluetooth headset (still off) into door pocket, got out of car and it locked fine(!).

So the only thing that has changed this week, is that I got myself a new Jabra Bluetooth headset which I keep in the box between the front seats. Got it Wed and problems started Thurs.

Any suggestions? I can't believe that the headset is doing it!??? Keyless entry is not impressing me just at the moment!!! :angry:

Rich

Hi,

Picked up my new IS 250 SE in navy blue on Friday last week and being enjoying my new car. However...

I've been starting to have issues with the central locking which caused a rather embarrasing situation in a petrol station yesterday.

I stopped to fill her up, did the usual; park brake, P on gearbox and switched off the engine. I got out of the car and pushed the door button twice to double lock it at usual. Nothing happened. No indicators. Nothing. I took the fob out and tried the button but still no joy. Repeated presses were causing a small LED on the fob to light up.

I abandoned locking the car and got back in. Started reading the locking section to see if I had missed something (this hasn't happened before!). Started the engine. Shut it down. Got out of the car and tried blipping the handle again. The next thing, I get the interior pips like the Radio 4 time signal. 2 pips and 1 continuous tone. Still no locks.

Got back in (again) read the manual some more and could not make head nor tail of it. Switched off mobile and bluetooth headset. Get out of car again and car finally locks.

Happened again today first thing this morning. Got back in car. Moved bluetooth headset (still off) into door pocket, got out of car and it locked fine(!).

So the only thing that has changed this week, is that I got myself a new Jabra bluetooth headset which I keep in the box between the front seats. Got it Wed and problems started Thurs.

Any suggestions? I can't believe that the headset is doing it!??? Keyless entry is not impressing me just at the moment!!! :angry:

Rich

Hi,

Got back in (again) read the manual some more and could not make head nor tail of it. Switched off mobile and bluetooth headset. Get out of car again and car finally locks.

Happened again today first thing this morning. Got back in car. Moved bluetooth headset (still off) into door pocket, got out of car and it locked fine(!).

So the only thing that has changed this week, is that I got myself a new Jabra bluetooth headset which I keep in the box between the front seats. Got it Wed and problems started Thurs.

Rich

I dont think the Bluetooth is causing this- I know the car doesnt lock if you havent switched off the engine. If the car is in ignition mode, it wont lock, but you will hear a continous beeping sound. Also if you have a spare key in the car, it wont lock! These are the possible reasons I can think off.....

Javeed

Could easily be your Jabra System as your car performs perfectly when the unit is absent.I have the Motorola equivalent that works perfectly & fits on the sun-visor:suggest exchange a.s.a.p.

Tel :driving:

equivalent that happens to be much smaller than the Jabra & importantly does not interfere with electronics

Hi,

Rich

I have had my IS250 since December and have never had a problem with the Keyless entry either when locking or unlocking the car. I usually have my Nokia mobile with me and the Bluetooth is always switched on.

I think that the problem could be your Bluetooth headset/phone, as Bluetooth does use a form of radio wave, as does the key fob on the keyless entry. Additionally when you swithced off the Bluetooth headset the keyless system does work.

Hi,

Rich

Rich

That reminds me - you can speak to Lexus CustomerServices. When I first rang them in December to complain about something else, they said the only compliant they had so far was with the locking system.

Javeed

Thanks for the posts guys.

Update on progress. I registered the problem with Lexus Twickenham who said they would make some enquiries. Problem happened again this week in Homebase. Tried to lock the doors and all I got was a "beep" and no flashing indicators. Bluetooth headset was out of the car this time, so it's looking less likely to be the headset.....

Oh... stopped off for fuel again. Same station. Same problem. Finally got it locked.

Rich

Thanks for the posts guys.

Update on progress. I registered the problem with Lexus Twickenham who said they would make some enquiries. Problem happened again this week in Homebase. Tried to lock the doors and all I got was a "beep" and no flashing indicators. Bluetooth headset was out of the car this time, so it's looking less likely to be the headset.....

Oh... stopped off for fuel again. Same station. Same problem. Finally got it locked.

Rich

Try leaving the headset at home for a week and see if it happens.

Think maybe it could be something to do with telephone masks ? and other communication devices?

I remember my Celica used to have the Clifford Alarm.

The key fob would just never work when I was in the Airport Carpark.

I thought it was the Battery at first, but it turned out to be interference in the air ?

Worth a try............ :unsure:

Think maybe it could be something to do with telephone masks ? and other communication devices?

I remember my Celica used to have the Clifford Alarm.

The key fob would just never work when I was in the Airport Carpark.

I thought it was the battery at first, but it turned out to be interference in the air ?

Worth a try............ :unsure:

GSM Masts cause this. They affect all radio waves, it's one of the reasons why your wireless network at home drops out...the radio waves "interfere".

Happened to me at the Merc Garage in Coventry when I went for a test drive....slap bang right next to a huge Vodaphone mast!! My Audi wouldn't unlock when he was trying to appraise the car...b :tsktsk: d did not tell me until he'd seen me squirm for 2 minutes... :tsktsk: Merc Salesman!

Those darn things are everywhere now!

Might sound obvious but you don't have the spare fob in the car do you?

I had a very embarrasing time when my wife left her handbag in the car containing the spare fob. The car played up when trying to lock it but eventually it locked. Trouble was it would not unlock. Had to use the key and suffer the alarm going off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links