Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Advice Needed For 99/00 Gs300 Sport

Hi all,

Been given a car allowance for a job i start in few weeks time, I was looking at different types of Merc's, but now decided a GS300 Sport is the way forward. Im gonna be looking over the next few weeks for one, anyone give me any advice what i should be looking for, i.e, varying specs, known faults, etc...

I understand they can be thirsty and prepared for that. What are the possibilities of getting one with factory Sat Nav?- rare option?

If anyone has got one for sale, or sees a good example advertised, please let me know. I know theres a couple on autotrader and im sure ill get round to looking at these in a few weeks.

Cheers

The forum already contains many previous responses to your questions. Look here for starters..

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=30571

Factory nav was 2 grand option new, worth £300 extra on used cars over non factory satnav.

I got a beauty of a car, complete with black leather interior), but no factory satnav. Went out and put satnav on my mobile phone pretty cheaply, so no complaints.

As to rear seats folding down and ski hatch, both answers are NO. I will double check the ski hatch though today.

If you are near North London/Essex, I'd be happy to help check out a potential car with you.

Hi, Thanks- i did find that post earlier.

Ive thought i may have to go out and get an additional Sat Nav unit (probably one of those Tom tom things- you can get one now that bluetooths to your mobile also)

Yeah if you can double check the ski hatch thing, that would be great- otherwise i might have to keep a banger for taking the fishing stuff around in.

There is one im looking at that is 0208 number, ill find out where he is and let you know- thanks for the offer. I will have to get one within the next 2-4 weeks, so ill keep you posted.

Cheers

Hi mate, I picked my GS300 Sport up on friday so I'm a new owner, I have gone from a e46 325 Sport to a Lexus, totally different cars though.

I am getting about 26 mpg from mine and had it upto 32 on the m/way, not as bas as I thought it would be to be honest.

It goes quicker than I thought it would as well which is a bonus.

Mine is silver pearl colour unsure of the correct name for it with black leather and sat nav.

They are lovely cars to drive, very smooth and seem really well put together as good as my 3 series if not better and come with a great spec also.

I thought the stereo would be better in it given the number of speakers, sub and a amp they come with, this is a bit of let down.

One of the reasons I went for one is that they aren't a Audi, BM or a Merc that you see every tom, ***** and harry driving. You dont see many GS's on the roads imo.

Good luck with finding one, make sure you pick a nice colour as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links