Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning,

when I was at the dealership yesterday I was talking with an IS owner who said he is on his 3rd set of tryres in 17,000 miles :o

He said that tyres last only 10k, on the RX I ordered there are a set of Bridgestones. Any idea how many miles I should expect out of the RX set.

TIA

Steve

Morning,

when I was at the dealership yesterday I was talking with an IS owner who said he is on his 3rd set of tryres in 17,000 miles :o

He said that tyres last only 10k, on the RX I ordered there are a set of Bridgestones. Any idea how many miles I should expect out of the RX set.

TIA

Steve

Hello Steve.... :D Tyre life boarders on the theoretical, no two people are alike in driving style or maintaince.

The IS and RX are very different, so it's not wise to compare the two in the tyre wear race....

Morning,

TIA

Steve

My previous GS300se only did 13/15000mls - max went through £3500.00 in tyres in 15 months.

I was concerned about Tyre Life having experienced that, so went on full maintenance lease with the RX

Now done 35000mls in 12 months and still like new !

Coming up to 21k on my RX, Rears still look pretty good, However the edges of the fronts are now quite low. Middle has around 3mm of tread so may if lucky get another 5-10K before having to replace the fronts. Someone's given me a number of a tyre fitter in the Bracknell area who apparently is a hell of a lot cheaper than your usual tyre suppliers and can even get unusual tyres which is what the RX's apparently are.

I put the wear on the edges down to the multi-stoery car park that it has to navigate 10 times a week. Local Lexus dealership says this type of tyre ware is usual on the RX's as a result of the suspension set-up, seems plausible, although not 100% sure of everything I'm told there.

br

D

'd had problems in the past when I was using the Lexus approved TOYO's on my MK1 RX300 - I was getting 17K before I had to replace. I was advised to try the General Grabber UHP 215/70 r16 - Not only do they look good but I've just changed after 35K and they are cheaper than the TOYO's - so a result!

• 1 month later...
Morning,

TIA

Steve

Morning,

TIA

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links