Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have This Feeling...

Roadkill

I was at Glasgow dealership getting a 20k service last week. At every stage I was offered no end of additional things I didn't want, including new tyres which would replace the original Bridsgetones which still have 5mm tread.

Price quoted? £150 each, plus £20 balancing. That's exc VAT!

Total would be £998.75 (inc spare which would also need replacing).

Having had a Honda S2000 which needed high quality bridgestones at £350 a set, this quote from Lexus sounds like they're having a laugh!

Comments?

I was at Glasgow dealership getting a 20k service last week. At every stage I was offered no end of additional things I didn't want, including new tyres which would replace the original Bridsgetones which still have 5mm tread.

Having had a Honda S2000 which needed high quality bridgestones at £350 a set, this quote from Lexus sounds like they're having a laugh!

Comments?

You're right that's crazy prices. Walk away - just get the service and get tyres elsewhere (Gold members have access to discounts at a couple of places that will definitely get you a full set more in line with the price you paid for the S2000)

Become a gold member and you can get some good branded tyres as very good prices. I believe that good tyres are important and I do tend to get the best. £80 -90 a piece for what im using but depends on how much you wanted to spend. If you have 5mm left on them anyway, I wound not bother.

Comments?

they are not having a laugh... they are taking you for a ride. Yes, I replaced my original tyres which wore completely on the inside edge but not the outside, so i did not immediately notice...I got bridgestones again from a place in Kent for about £120 each tyre, - same as originals. Mind you roadkill, how have you worn tyres AND the spare down so much - even to 5mm - on what you say... perhaps you have got the same uneven wear as I had which of course makes them illegal, my inside edges were bald but was not at all obvious. My husband has a civic type R, and he wa quotted some crazy price by the Honda agent for his new ones - I guess that it always the way at the main dealership. I must say, slightly off subject, but I was also really upset that my lexus service costs almost twice as much as his honda type R service.... i keep meaning to ask them why... :yawn:

mate, i'd suggest getting your geometry checked/sorted and then look elsewhere for your rubber. blackcircles are pretty good value for money. it'll work out cheaper to ask for the supplied & fitted price, as most tyre fitters charge a lot just to fit tyres.

rob

As regards to the condition and wear of the tyres at present, they've done 20k and the roads here are the worst in the UK. Saying that, the S2000 did okay, with 22k on a full set.

I am taking a look around and, when the time comes, I will buy from an online retailer and get them fitted here.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Graham

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links