Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Range Rover V Porche V Lexus

This is the headline in the April issue of 4X4 Magazine.

A few pages in and we discover that they did indeed test the three machines, and surprise, surprise the Lexus was rated in third place - criticised for lacking power and an indecisive auto box with the words, ' ... the [RX300] is left trailing on the highway.' That's all well and good until you look into the vehicles used:

Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged at a price of 58k

Porsche Cayenne S V8 costing 46.6k

and....

Lexus RX300SEL V6, costing 39.5k

Yet again, a so-called objective test is based upon what in boxing terms would be a heavyweight fighting for the title against a middleweight opponent. But hey, the Range Rover should come first or second right? Wonder if an RX400h would have been 'left trailing', but I think they knew the answer to that - what do you think? It certainly would not be down rated for indecision in the gears department would it?

Jaroph :)

still think the range rover would leave the RX400h standing.....

.and would be at the petrol pump WAY more often, brother had a RR sport supercharged thing out and got an average of 6mpg...ok he was not hanging around but 6mpg...yikes !

still think the range rover would leave the RX400h standing.....

Sorry fergy - it is the other way round - the RX400h leaves the Range Rover 'standing'. Drive both models.

Before we purchased the RX400 we had several long test drives in the Porsche Cayenne, but the standard of finish in that vehicle leaves a lot to be desired. As for acceleration, the RX leaves all Cayennes behind - bar the top of the range specification.

In my humble opinion the RX400 comes tops of all three models. Reliable, quick and very comfortable to drive - and that is without taking the fuel economy into consideration.

PS. Latest rumors is that Gordon Brown is going the increase the Road Tax for fuel hungry vehicles (especially 4x4s).

wow..reallly impressed if a RX400h can outpace a supercharged range rover...

I'll maybe have a go at getting a hurl in one tomorrow when my car is in for a service.

I did think that short of the turbo it would be quicker than the Porsche..they are massive cars and weigh loads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links