Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Connector Adaptor

Blue

I purchased a radio (CD slot on top) for my 2001 IS on this web site......when I received the radio it would not fit my car as the radio I received only requires two connectors at the back....my old radio has three....not including the antena.

Problem may be that the radio I purchased is from a Altezza......

Can anyone help me? Know where to get an adaptor? Have details of the pins outs for the Radio to allow me to wire it in?

Help appreciated.

Hello,

Best thing to do is take a few pictures and put them up for analysis......

my Altezza only had the 2 standard toyota sockets.... but as far as i know there are a few different types...

What model IS200 have you got.... entry (S) , sport, executive (SE) ?

does it have Sat Nav?

get on to the seller and find out the Model it came from.....

is it not the case that the is200 has a separate amp and the altezza head unit has an integral amp thus making it not possible to be interchangeable

Some altezzas also have the external amp - I swapped a UK IS200 radio into my Jap import Altezza with no problems. Can't remember the number of sockets on the back of each radio, but the Altezza has only got 2 cables. No sat nav though

Ian

Ya looks that way.... but i think the entry model IS200 dosen't have an amp either....

If he has an Altezza unit he could always hardwire around the amp.... messy as speakers are different too...

Hello,

my Altezza only had the 2 standard toyota sockets.... but as far as i know there are a few different types...

does it have Sat Nav?

I have pictures of the problems on a word document but can't post them to this message...?? Car is entry (S) model....it does not have Sat Nav

Ok, to post pictures you have to put them on an online picture host like "photobucket"..... this forum only links to the picture site...

Simple put your pics on photobucket....then on this forum when you click on INSERT IMAGE a message box pops up.......paste the URL of your picture address into this box...and Bob's your uncle, ok

One other thing to check.... Have you got a seperate AMP..... look behind the glove box...

he got the radio from me, i asked the model you wanted it for and didnt say it was for an S model, now you have said its for an S model i may well be able to help you out

the radio i sold you, and i said is for the se/sports model from 2001 onwards

he did, i explained that as soon as i had my books infront of me i would assist, however this post is the first ive seen of his car being an S model.

as it is i have already sourced a radio for a S model

• 3 weeks later...

I too have also made a similar mistake; I have a 99 Lexus IS200 SE with the NAV and have just purchased a new Lexus stereo with the CD up at the top from a 2001 model. Problem is the stereo I have just bought has 3 connectors on it. My original stereo only had 2.

I am also on the look out for a converter for the original cable harness or a swap for another stereo that requires only the two connectors.

Thanks

Tony S

• 1 month later...

Hello,

does it have Sat Nav?

I have pictures of the problems on a word document but can't post them to this message...?? Car is entry (S) model....it does not have Sat Nav

Does anyone have a rqdio to swap? I have still not resolved this issue.

I am looking to swap the radio I have for a unit to fit my S model IS200. Anybody interested? The radio I bought which will not fit has a different socket set.

PIcture of the problem are at

http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=741201150...c=SYE/otsi=SALB

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links