Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Seals And Wind Problem

I did a search but due to my lack of mechanical knowledge i may be using the wrong terminology.

I know that the sound from the tires can be loud at high speeds but there has been an increase in the amount of wind noise from the driver door at either above 50mph or less on a windy day. I have checked that there was nothing stuck to any part of the rubber door seals on the door and the frame. The door doesn't close with the same solidness that it once did. Its a S/H 2003 IS 200 and is still under warranty.

Any suggestions about how to combat this would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

I did a search but due to my lack of mechanical knowledge i may be using the wrong terminology.

I know that the sound from the tires can be loud at high speeds but there has been an increase in the amount of wind noise from the driver door at either above 50mph or less on a windy day. I have checked that there was nothing stuck to any part of the rubber door seals on the door and the frame. The door doesn't close with the same solidness that it once did. Its a S/H 2003 IS 200 and is still under warranty.

Any suggestions about how to combat this would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

It's covered in detail (click on my name and review my posts). My wind noise problem was fixed by Lexus Bristol yesterday after two previous attempts. Fix was re-adjustment of the door to put extra pressure on the seal. Actual adjustment was minimal to achieve the seal, so perhaps yours has slackened off or perhaps the seals have hardened up a little and not so flexible as when new.

Tango you are an IS250, this is an IS200 with the noise that Rob has.

So he does, but possibly the same cure to the problem.

My IS200 Sport has more wind noise than my IS250 had before the problem was fixed, but just thought it was normal :lol: . Perhaps I've been living with it unnecessarily? :ohmy:

I had the same problem with my IS (there was also a slight rattle) after about 6 months and it was fixed under warranty by adjustment of the door as Tango describes.

My car was in at Lexus Aberdeen today for warranty replacement of the alloys which had suffered the usual corrosion problem. I'm selling the car to a friend next month when my new Golf GTI arrives but I have to say that when I picked it up washed, vacuumed and with the replacement alloys glinting in the sun I did wonder for a while whether I was doing the right thing!

I had the same problem with my IS (there was also a slight rattle) after about 6 months and it was fixed under warranty by adjustment of the door as Tango describes.

My car was in at Lexus Aberdeen today for warranty replacement of the alloys which had suffered the usual corrosion problem. I'm selling the car to a friend next month when my new Golf GTI arrives but I have to say that when I picked it up washed, vacuumed and with the replacement alloys glinting in the sun I did wonder for a while whether I was doing the right thing!

Hope you're not expecting anyone here to comment on that :excl::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links