Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 220/250

Interestingly mine and Jamboo's car came from the same dealer and my mileage was 6! The last car also from Leicester had 13, which I wasn't very happy about.

I think anything less than 10 is acceptable.

Interestingly mine and Jamboo's car came from the same dealer and my mileage was 6! The last car also from Leicester had 13, which I wasn't very happy about.

I think anything less than 10 is acceptable.

I reckon they'd taken it for an extended drive to make sure it didn't have any problems... :excl:

I just wanted to know how much they can vary by...looks as though I'll be at one end of the extreme as usual...

:tsktsk:

As Abbie said, Breath...Breath...Relax :crybaby:

No actually I won't have a problem; it's just banter; Like the TV commercial for one particluar brand says:

"...it's only a car..."

mine was 69km which is exsessive but they store the cars about 30km away from the garage and i left it a couple of days before i collected it, also the mpg was unreal low when i got it so i reckon they drove the nuts off it on the way in. anyone know whats the story with genuine Lexus moulded mudflaps, dealer says they haven't come in yet but i reckon they could be telling porkies

dunno how u guys do it in UK ... but previously in canada .... one time when I brought my Audi TT in for a service, they used one of the new cars (for delivery ... still had the plastic wrapper stuff on the hood) to drop me off at my home (around 5km away). I questioned the driver ... and they say its not a big deal ....

really felt sorry for the owner who was goin to get the car ... if he knew it was used as my chauffeur ... even before he's touched it....

Well I had a friend who worked for Mercedes Benz, and they used to drive the new cars around like nuts, then they would get the technicians to plug their laptops in and reset the mileage. Hey presto you have a new car to sell again, even though some of them had several hundred miles on the clock. All they needed was a good clean. Ever since then I have never trusted anything a main dealer tells me.

If you pick up a car that was built more than two months ago then it is most likely that it was been driven before. Check for the first registration date, it might be different to the one on the current registration sticker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links