Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Euro Ncap Rating

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

5 stars is standard for new cars at the moment and I am dissapointed with only 13 points in frontal crash - the same as my previous 2001 citroen C5... :crybaby:

beemer got 3 points more on frontal crash and got 1 point less on side impact so he's the winner.

The only problem they note with the front impact is that the brake pedal travelled rearwards by more than a 100mm - precisely 1mm further rearwards than that!

Slightly surprised that one of the other latest test results - the new Honda Civic - only managed 4 stars.

btw in american test the dummy hit the bonet or the top of the A-pillar (don't remembe now)

The NHTSA (US equivalent of NCAP) haven't tested the new IS yet....

Even if they had, I can't imagine the driver would hit the bonnet! Not meaning to disagree with you here, but safety was high on the list when I bought the car, and I'm confident it is a very safe car.

btw in american test the dummy hit the bonet or the top of the A-pillar (don't remembe now)

The NHTSA (US equivalent of NCAP) haven't tested the new IS yet....

Even if they had, I can't imagine the driver would hit the bonnet!

you are right...My mistake, I ment the roof, not the bonnet.

Not meaning to disagree with you here, but safety was high on the list when I bought the car, and I'm confident it is a very safe car.

I am not saying that it is not safe, but I think it could be more safe (I mean passive safety)

Here is american test:

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=614

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links