Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mls Touch Screen

Well I'm already finding that the screen is getting a little grubby, and have to clean it regularly (and am concened it's gonna get scratched before long).

I've seen these on the web but not sure if anyone else has used anything else befor I buy...? Obviously it has to be a "touch screen" compatible one...

Anyone?

PS - Yes I do wash my hands regularly :o :lol:

Well I'm already finding that the screen is getting a little grubby, and have to clean it regularly (and am concened it's gonna get scratched before long).

I've seen these on the web but not sure if anyone else has used anything else befor I buy...? Obviously it has to be a "touch screen" compatible one...

Anyone?

PS - Yes I do wash my hands regularly :o :lol:

The best screen protectors you will get are here:-

Shieldzone (invisible shield)

They will do custom stuff as well. Just give them the measurements. I have put one on my wife's and Father's iPod Nono's are they are the business. They are also guaranteed with free replacements for life if they scratch. Plus free delivery anywhere in the world.

it can get dirty but it wont scratch... There is already something protective on it.... toyota and lexus have been using touch screens for loooong time now. We sell loads of Land Cruisers with them and nobody has had any issues with them for a long time now...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think I've found the holy grail of screen protectors at last!

I tried anyscreenprotector.com and fair play they were cheap and my custom order arrived the very next day. Alas, not really up to the job - flimsy and pretty much refused to stick to the screen!

Instead I went for:

This fellow

I'd previously used them on my PDA, and they are a) extremely pricey but b) extremely good.

One this size comfortably gives you three MLS screen-sized protectors (for any lucky people out there with 3 ISs). It feels nicer to touch than the screen itself, no air bubbles, improves contrast and seems to shrug off finger-prints.

I tried anyscreenprotector.com and fair play they were cheap and my custom order arrived the very next day. Alas, not really up to the job - flimsy and pretty much refused to stick to the screen!

Instead I went for:

This fellow

I'd previously used them on my PDA, and they are a) extremely pricey but B) extremely good.

One this size comfortably gives you three MLS screen-sized protectors (for any lucky people out there with 3 ISs). It feels nicer to touch than the screen itself, no air bubbles, improves contrast and seems to shrug off finger-prints.

Good find !

I've used Expansys before and they aren't the cheapest, but they are very good, reliable etc...

Do you know if it permanently sticks, or can it be removed? I'm wary of sticking anything that won't come off again...

Instead I went for:

This fellow

I'd previously used them on my PDA, and they are a) extremely pricey but B) extremely good.

Good find !

I've used Expansys before and they aren't the cheapest, but they are very good, reliable etc...

Do you know if it permanently sticks, or can it be removed? I'm wary of sticking anything that won't come off again...

It can definitely be removed! It sticks to the screen very well, but isn't actually sticky itself, and doesn't use adhesive. Doesn't seem to be using static to attach...so it's evidently just magic!

From the PPC Techs website (it's the AG type):

ws_grid.gif

I have always been advised by PDA gurus to clean the touch screens with Son of a gun I have used it on the MM screen It cleans and removes light scratches as well

I am sure it is better than user a screen protector

alan

Good point, not sure about son of a gun, but I am currently using the microfibre and the Lex spray that came with the car...Expansys are out of stock at the moment. I would have given it a miss, but the kids just love playing with the menu's on the MM when I'm not looking :crying: I've considered chopping their hands off, but I might be accused of bad parenting :blush:

My kids get their new PSP tomorrow (as a reward for taking SATS seriously), so I looked at Expansys today to get the Wriet Shield within 24 hours (I could have used some for the car and some for the PSP), but they're out of stock. I got a screen protector from Asda for £7.97 which has gone onto the PSP well. The point is that this new PSP is a testing ground for whether I let them play with the MLS any more or not... :D

I have looked at the Tablet PC protectors (like the one Romaro got) and they do look good. I'm thinking of keeping the car 6 years so I might just buy it when it's in stock again me thinks.

• 9 months later...

I've driven the car once and already it had a lot of finger prints and the glare showed these up badly enough to make it difficult to see the picture.

Is it worth going for the quite expensive AG?

How will that cope with fingerprints?

Thanks

Gareth, the screen is resilient. Dunno, but your dealer may have given you a screen cleaner spray and MF cloth. If he hasn't, get a microfibre cloth, and I believe you can use the spectacle lens cleaner (sparingly).

It does the trick. I've lived with my Nushield for a few weeks, and it is OK, but because it floats on the screen, it's wierd. Much cheaper than AG, and very good value.

PS - see here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...amp;hl=nushield

I've driven the car once and already it had a lot of finger prints and the glare showed these up badly enough to make it difficult to see the picture.

Is it worth going for the quite expensive AG?

How will that cope with fingerprints?

Thanks

Well I've still got my AG one, still the same one I first put on last May, and it's still in perfect condition!

Hides the fingerprints very well - I've probably only given it a quick wipe with a microfibre cloth a handful of times.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links