Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everybody, I am a newbie just bought a GS300 sport in silver (1999 mk2 sport)on saturday and have some questions for you experts out there...

The wipers dont seem to "park" down and are up from there normal position a little when at rest. Is this normal and should they park away?? Any known fix if this is the case??

I lost one hub cap oer the weekend while testing it on the M1 !! How much is one???

I have a terrible shake on the steering at speed.. i suspect its the front ball joints as I have read some of the posts and I also have hear some knocking noises when parking the car and tuning the steering.

Other than that the car is excellent, very good value for money, the only option it hasnt got is sat nav ... which is a shame .. but you cant have it all. Also does anyone know how much a a spare key is?? I think you can program it yourself as long as youhave a master key??? Oh BTW does anyone notice with a sport that the front spoiler scrapes unless you drive extrmely slowly over speedhumps??? Mine is going to get damaged at this rate !!!

Had the car checked today.. no play in the wheels, but that doesnt explain the knocking noise when parking or reversing. maybe its in the calipers?? will try balancing the wheels next to get rid of the shake, but i am not holding my breath..!! ordered the hub cap from lexus stealer today.. 20.58 plus the vat. I just looked in my owners manual and it gives the procedure for correcting the wipers, you just pull them back into place... at least one problemis sorted!! Might buy a tom tom next !!!!!! the key is apparently 125 squid !!! plus coding. did see a website in the US that was selling the key for $90.. and gave instructions to code it to work as long as you have the master key.. any ideas anyone???

Hi, I have 2000 Sport model, what you getting mpg from it ?

Im not sure yet, i only got it on saturday, but it seems to drink juice !!! Will check when the tank ends and let you know... what mpg you getting???

Hi And welcome to the club, can't help you on the key side of things but on the others -

The knocking noise, is this when only turning the steeering wheel, or does it also knock when braking while in reverse and then in forward motion, if so - sounds like you may have a spacer missing from the front calpiers, this is a small flat piece of metal that fits between the pads and the housing, keeps the pads from moving when shifting from forward to reverse during the braking.

On the wipers, have you checked for the "Auto and Semi" function on the wiper stick, I'm sure the MK II have these - this allows for a slight raising of the wiper from the park setting.

The vibration on the steering wheel maybe due to either incorrectly balanced wheels or the wheels have some dirt/muck in-between the wheels and the hub, you can also check for warping of the disks by jacking the front up carefully, and slowly rotate the wheel and listen for binding of the disks and brakes, this is usually a sign of the disks begining to warp.

With mine being lowered, mine does scrape but have found that if I approach the speed ramps at a slight angle rather than head on, this normally helps with the scrapes and reduces enough to stop any further damage.

Hopefully this will help, not able to offer any more as I've got the MK I Import but the functions are basically the same.

BR

Paul

On the wipers, have you checked for the "Auto and Semi" function on the wiper stick, I'm sure the MK II have these - this allows for a slight raising of the wiper from the park setting.

Mk.1 only I'm afraid. He's already sussed it now, on the Mk.2 the wipers can be "clunked" into the lower setting. Incidentally, if the bottom of the windscreen gets packed with snow, the wipers will clunk back into the semi-retracted position.

Hi, I have 2000 Sport model, what you getting mpg from it ?

Im not sure yet, i only got it on saturday, but it seems to drink juice !!! Will check when the tank ends and let you know... what mpg you getting???

Can get 28 on the m/way, round town anbout 24.

Yes they do drink the juice far too much, what did you give for yours ?

I got a very good deal, i paid 6500 pounds. No dents or scratches, 84,000m, FSH. Very pleased. Tank has just ended and gave me 291 miles with 240 miles on the motorway, i did fill up just as the light came on though. It took 63 litres of fuel (i think). 60 pounds worth of petrol at 96.9p per litre!!!

I got a very good deal, i paid 6500 pounds. No dents or scratches, 84,000m, FSH. Very pleased. Tank has just ended and gave me 291 miles with 240 miles on the motorway, i did fill up just as the light came on though. It took 63 litres of fuel (i think). 60 pounds worth of petrol at 96.9p per litre!!!

According to your own figures, you car did 21mpg on that tank of fuel. You must have been gunning it hard on the motorway to get it down to that level. :tomato:

the key is apparently 125 squid !!! plus coding. did see a website in the US that was selling the key for $90.. and gave instructions to code it to work as long as you have the master key.. any ideas anyone???

Check out some local locksmiths, I got a key cut and programmed for £50

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links