Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Scolari The Right Man...?

If he wins the 2010 world cup 'YES!'. If he doesn't 'NO!' :D :D :P

.... only time will tell but he's got the best record out of all the managers interviewed.

If he wins the 2010 world cup 'YES!'. If he doesn't 'NO!' :D :D :P

.... only time will tell but he's got the best record out of all the managers interviewed.

Totally agree there. I would've liked an English or even British manager but I don't really rate the guys that were interviewed that highly apart from Martin O'neil..

Scolari is a proven international Manager aslong as he learns to speak the language we'll do alright with him at the helm.

Plus he can't be anyworse than Sven.

i think he can do a job, and the british media will ove him he doesnt give a flying ~@**~ about what people think.

in addition hes a quality manager and i think he could do the job. although it would be good to have an 'english' manager, with the exeption of the irish Martin Oneil, i persoally dont think there is any english manager out there who is good enough at the moment.

having said that Guus Hiddink would have been my 1st choice, hes succeeded wherever hes been.

It'll be nice to see him flaying his arms at the players...'cos he won't care about how much they're paid...

I'm no avid footie fan, but I follow international compo's, and in my view Sven had one major failing - he only seemed to change a "game plan" with subs, rather than changing the shape without subs (if you know what I mean - he never shouted at the players and told 'em to pull their finger out and do something different).

Also the wrong captain...Beckham hardly ever took command...and they fell to defence very deep...which only works sometimes at that level...

He also told some players that they would never be dropped - hardly motivation! I think every player should fear losing their place 3 games in 5...keeps 'em on their pedicured toes!

I wonder if the pretty boys will skulk off and cry in the corner of the dressing room if Big Phil shouts at them!!

Maybe Beckham will get dropped now and again, and Owen will become more consistent...

Agreed - O'Neil every time...may be next time! he worked wonders for Leicester City when he was here...now look where we are!

But the funniest thing I heard was when people interviewed on the Radio said "...we play our football differently here..."

Well, maybe that's why we've won jot all in 40 years... :baaa: and need to change...

In the last 40 years we've seen more action in the terraces then at the goal mouth!

In the meantime, Scolari or Hidink...'borough can keep their man!!

I think that he is playing the British public insulted him card by saying they prefer an English coach,think he is playin hard ball now.I reckon he will be coach with an English assistant coach.

Can't stand this nonsense...

I suppose if big Phil couldn't stand the media intrusion already then he's better off elsewhere, though I still think he could be back too!!

Sad really, Mclaren next? Guus Hiddink? Any views?

Mclaren - IMHO -

Unproven

Had a couple of good runs, but not world or Euro level

Why go for a english/british manager for the sake of it - lets face it the rules allow it - so go for the best!! Many countries are now looking for a non national to lead their squads anyway, so if we don;t get 'em someone else will

Not been following this until now, but where's Mr Venables? He was IMHO the best yet for England!! He might be older, but also much wiser!! :winky:

I think we desperately need a manager who can stand at the touch line and give the players "...what for..."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links