Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alloys

has anyone got rust on the their alloys (the lastest ones with the 11 spokes)?

cos i recently noticed the bubbling near the edges of mine, wanted to know if warranty will sort it out.

thanks for any help.

Just had mine replaced on my 05, they gave me an IS250 to drive whilst they worked on it ( 10000 mile service also). Dont forget to get them to check and if required to order and replace the centres, all four of mine had gone mankey.

Just told my dealer about some bubbling on the inside edges of my 11 spoke alloys, when I took my 04 IS200LE in for its 30000 mile service. No problem, they said, we'll replace them under warranty. You should be OK therefore.

Peter

i've called them, and they said they need to have a look before they will do anything, so lets see what happens tommorow.

has anyone got rust on the their alloys (the lastest ones with the 11 spokes)?

cos i recently noticed the bubbling near the edges of mine, wanted to know if warranty will sort it out.

thanks for any help.

Hi, make sure they give you a new set, I bought a 51 plate last year from the dealer with a years warranty, they gave me a 'new' set of 5 spokes and within a year these too bubbled, found out they were refurbed, argued with Lexus UK and got another set of 'refurbs' for free as a gesture of good will as they said that they were NOT covered under the extended warranty but ARE under the first 3 years so you are definately covered. I also know now that Lexus send their wheels for refurb to a company in Woburn Sands called Pristine

http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/index.php

So if at anytime you need refurbs go direct here about £70 all in for the polished laser edged ones. The price goes down with qty of wheels.

Also talking to MK Lexus they know there is a problem with the UK IS wheels, though Japan do not have this problem so do not consider it an issue, must be costing them a fortune to replace all these bubbling wheels

I think maybe they're manufactured more the Japanese climate, they seem to suffer with the UK weather.

Lexus spent thousands on replacement alloys within the first three years of the IS, looks like they still are.

If you want to stop your alloys rotting you really have to keep on top when it comes to cleaning. Using a protector or polish & wax helps, also make sure you don't leave any dirt on the rims next to the tyres.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links