Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Vvti V Vtec

First let me say that we are racing to 120kph in Ireland so we will not break any speed limits and we will be doing it on a motorway when there are no others on the road. Its simple, who can get to the Speed limit first.

My mate reckons his 1992 honda hatchback 1.5 Vtec can beat my 2003 VVTI IS 200. He is 30 yrs of age and i am 32 and neither of us drive hard but for one brief moment we shall have a race.

He says he can double clutch and that intrigues me. I looked into double clutching but it seems a bit alien so can anyone shed some light on it, also what else could i do?. His car is worth 50p and mine is worth 21k. Lexus' name is at stake here. I am not a boy racer but would like some guidance for this one off race.

thanks in advance.

Be suprised if this stays up.......

Anyway......

Civic has about 90 bhp and you have 153.... his is much lighter though

I think the civic's 0- 60 is around 11 seconds and your Lexus is 9.5

so you should win......

Won't be using that many gears to 120kph, so "double clutching" shouldn't matter... i'm probably wrong but i think doubling clutch in a 0-120kph flat out race is going to be slower... now if you were on a circuit in a race and he was using " Heel toe" then that would be faster without doubt

Ask him for a description of what he thinks "double clutching" actually is?, I think he is mixing it up with some thing else....

What he might be doing is not using the clutch to move out of gear but only for moving in to the next.....

Tip ..... have just enough petrol in the tank :winky:

Don't ever take on a 'Tezza..... :D

I was staying behind ( not racing) a nicely modded Lexus is200 ( big exhaust, lowered, dark windows ) one night , trying to figure out was it a re- badged 'Tezza or an IS200, anyway eventually on a clear stretch your man floored it and so did i .... had to back off fairly lively or run in to the back of him... and mine is the tiptronic..... :lol:

shud kill him mate.

Not that i race, but me and my mate were "driving" the other day and my IS wiht back box and no silencer, kept up then killed his punto GT, these have 130-140bhp, and his is stripped down only got 2 seat in it, so u shud be ok unless his is modded to the nuts

good luck and keep safe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links