Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

War In IRAQ

Monster-Mat

whats your thoughts?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. whats your thoughts?

• i agree
    • i dont agree

matt,that last post is negative prpeganda.....

the americans never carpet bombed iraq....well not near areas of habitation,the only area i knew of was the saudi/iraq border.......so 200,000 casualties.....

we never even took 200.000 prisoners,and they all gave themselves up before we ever saw them.

I gave my source - the URL.

It is allegedly a quote from former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark.

I know your position - this is not an attempt to get to you to reveal more than you should, but everyone 's opinion is based on the evidence available to them.

Do you ever think that the materials made available to you, are no more accurate than those released to the media?

Is it a coincidence that the version of events and materials made available to the people who will be at the dirty end of any war, are materials which make a war look like a justifiable end to a problem?

They have to motivate the armed forces to believe in what they want you to do.

Personally, I don't believe a **** word anybody in any government says.

I'm too used to being lied to and decieved.

i see yor point about passage of infomation......

however the infomation we do get generally is of a military kind.......

so infomation that would be meaningless to civilians,or more likely to distressing to civilians........ :nuke:

generally the media will either release info that generates intrest......and if they have non, generate media to make intrest.

we see this alll the time,and more often than not it harms the facts rather than bolsters them.

there will be a war in iraq.....and blair will not allow brit troops to be mis used,infact the british army generally has a more commanding presence than US comanders do........

we are more professional in our tasks, and dont allow distractions to faulter our missions, unlike the US............

this is why the british forces are the most respected throughout the world............

now, i will post my address so you can all send me goodies and letters .........infact, just send them to marks timeshare in bagdad .......i will pick them up when im passing through

generally the media will either release info that generates intrest......and if they have non, generate media to make intrest.

we see this alll the time,and more often than not it harms the facts rather than bolsters them.

Spot on Mat - could not have phrased it better. Facts are far and wide to come by by and generally, the media will just release so called news that is based on ASSUMPTIONS and not much else. You say there will be a war Mat - fair enough. I (and probably all of us here) have no say in what does and doesn't happen - but ultimately I just hope it is:

A) Being done for the right reasons

B ) Resolves or at least mitigates/reduces the issues we have

C) Clear, honest and open communications about what is going on are distributed

D) Innocent people (including our troops) aren't killed (if possible)

Zee steps down off his soap box... :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links