Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need More Power For Sc430

392Bird

I have had my new SC430 now for about 6 months, and am looking for more power. I searched every where for places to find some after market performance stuff, zip. The closest I found was a air intake tube, that has the filter picking up hot under hood air. Thats a step backwards.

Being a serious performance nut for many years, I am looking for any, or all of the following.

1. Performance chip to get the max power out of the engine.

2. A Real performance exhaust system.

3. A lower ratio rear differential gear set. I would rather loose 10-15 MPH top end speed, and get more low end accedleration.

4. A torque conveter with a higher stall speed.

5. A transmission gear set with a wider ratio, to get a lower 1st gear.

6. A Roots type supercharger, to up the low end torque.

I am satisfied with the car in all areas, except low RPM torque below 3,000 RPMs.

Maybe there are some parts from other models that could be switched on the SC430 to get some of this.

I guess this is one of the draw backs of a new series car :) I was raised at a race track, and

knowing the gear ratios, spring rates, max Gs is lunch topics, so having a fine car like this, and

not being able to do anything, or not knowing any REAL information, makes me feel odd.

Thanks for the info guys. I will just have to wait a little longer... :)

I have had a few ask me about what my other car is, that has a lot more performance than my SC430. It is a modern day Hot Rod. It's a 1993 Ford Thunderbird,that came with a 302 CI V8. It is a weekend play toy now, and has a bored and stroked 460 CI engine (520 CI) 580 HP. It still has a few kinks to get taken care of. such as stronger axle shafts, etc.

Here is a film clip of it this Fall when doing inital testing. It is not the clearest, since someone was holding his laptop camera over my sholder.

http://www.qsl.net/ya5t/bird.htm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links