Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reliability Index Vs Jd Power

Hi

I note that in the reliability index by warranty direct which Honest John favours over JD Power( see below)

Lexus is now 6th...below FORD and SKODA.!!!!! At the start of the year it was first.

This surely is damming for lexus and does not auger well for the future as well as residual values of our cars. I knew that at some stage build quality issues would start to impact their rating and here is the proof.

Alan

[They ( JD Power)are questionnaire opinion surveys. If enough of the owners questioned give the cars the thumbs up then the car does well in the survey.

I prefer Reliabililty Index by Warranty Direct because that is based on the hard facts of real warranty claims, not people's opinions, prejudices and desire to protect the value of their investment.]

One reason for this - the New IS!

yes that is it in a nut shell..but when are lexus going to wake up!!!

alan

Not sure it's just the new IS. New GS appears to suffer rattles, as did the RX350 (with only 60 miles on it) that I drove at the Glasgow open road event.

Add to that the dissatisfaction of the IS diesel drivers with 6th gear being unusable and lower than expected fuel economy and Lexus sure have a problem.

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Jun 17 2006, 07:46 PM)

One reason for this - the New IS!

yes that is it in a nut shell..but when are lexus going to wake up!!!

alan

Not sure it's just the new IS. New GS appears to suffer rattles, as did the RX350 (with only 60 miles on it) that I drove at the Glasgow open road event.

Add to that the dissatisfaction of the IS diesel drivers with 6th gear being unusable and lower than expected fuel economy and Lexus sure have a problem.

I don't think there actually is a fuel consumption problem...

I have a diesel sport and have consistently got a few mpg over the quoted combined figure from new. I have also had a diesel SE for nearly a week (because we DO have a dash rattle issue :winky: ) and that has returned above the quoted figures aswell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links