Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trouble Starting...

Div

I've recently had some problems with starting the ole' beast. Back in October - when it wasn't as cold I'd had a couple of times when it'd take 2 goes to start the car - one of the times the car had a warm engine from a long drive (The stop was whilst we cross the channel on the tunnel). Anyway I didn't think much of it until now - when the last couple of evenings - with a cold engine - it's taken until about the 3rd of 4th time to start it.

As far as I can see the battery's fine. Should I take it to the dealers - it's under extended warentee, but it's not very repeatable so will they be able to find anything?

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Dave.

Take it back to the dealers to take a look at it - their diagnostic software will pick up on any problems.

I must admit, I had a similar experience but it all cleared up after the service. I had the same problem this lunchtime where it took a couple of attempts to get the car started, but I had left switched on the heated seats, air con and radio. I've been told that even without the keys in the ignition, it can drain some power (don't know how true this is though).

damn u guys beat me to it

i got in the car this morning and it wouldnt start til the second time round. the car is garaged every nite, quite annoyed coz the car is brand new and should not have this problem.

n e 1 care to enlighten me

I've been told that even without the keys in the ignition, it can drain some power (don't know how true this is though).

Not at all :)

Seems rather common this - dunno why, you don't expect it on a car of this "class" do you :question:

Dave,

not sure if its just mine.. but if you wait for the enginemanagement light and ABS lights to go out it should be fine...

Guess its doing a health check...

as to Claire's common, bit cold up there love? ;-)

Lee

Went to the car the other day to do the weekly supermarket stint. Used the unlock button on the remote and the car's alarm went off. Got in quick, stuck the key in the ignition. The horn stopped, but the alarm siren kept going and the car wouldn't start. I realised that the Battery must be dead cuz I accidentally left the reading light on the night before. That, combined with the first snowfall in London for ages probably killed the Battery off..

since the car came with 1 year's RAC, I gave them a call... they said it would be 1hr15mins before someone could come (good thing I was home!).. then miraculously, 20 minutes after I hung up the phone, the orange van pulls up.. he jump-started it and it was perfectly fine... only one thing, he said I had to drive round for at least 45 mins to keep the engine running so the Battery could recharge or something... so I had to take a HUGE detour to the supermarket which was only 3 miles away! but hey, at least I had an excuse to spend 45 minutes in the car (I normally only do short trips) so I shouldn't complain!

PS. RAC recovery= top service (at least for me!) :)

:rolleyes::withstupid::lol:

That mean we are hitched then??

LMAO

Anyway, what is this with you guys leaving stuff turned on.... I thought the alarms "reverse and handbrake on while moving" was enough deterent not to do something you shouldn't....

Oh well I must be getting too old for forgetting what I was....

dam not to worry!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links