Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Needed Fitting Induction Kit

IRLRs200

Hi guys trying to install and intake kit at the momentto my Rs200 but i have a few spare connections left over off the factory air box, and there is no where to connect them up to on the the new kit.See pics:

dscn0460edittb7.jpg

Sorry about the bad lighting it got dark and started to rain. The 2 spare connections are highlighted.

Also pic below shows hoses on old airbox. Are these still needed?

dscn0457jk2.jpg

dscn0456lb7.jpg

Ill post up more pics if needed.

Don't worry about the brown plug, I got that dangling about as well. As for the pipe, do you not have a little rubber cap thing in the kit to block off the inlet to the throttle body?

Don't ask me what it is, but I don't have either on my HKS induction and it works great.

Hi Dan,

looks like you're all set to go...

The hose you have left over was to activate a flap that was part of the old airbox assembly and is no longer needed, my kit came with a little rubber end piece to cap off where the pipe comes out off...

The socket connector isn't needed either , so use a cable tie to tidy it up under the intake.....

Keep all the old airbox parts and hoses in case you ever need to put it back to standard....

Ok

Don't worry about the brown plug, I got that dangling about as well. As for the pipe, do you not have a little rubber cap thing in the kit to block off the inlet to the throttle body?

Don't ask me what it is, but I don't have either on my HKS induction and it works great.

Cool Mac so in the pic below i just remove this hose and seal the valve with this rubber cover(that i nearly threw out!( the bit circled in pink is where the hose comes out of. Is this where u mean?

dscn0460edittb7hh4.jpg

Ya thats the job.... put a cable tie around it to make sure it stays on ;)

Thanks guys one last question about the kit, The bit i have highlighted in the pic below, has a pipe going into a hole on the body work. Should i leave this in or take it out so the hole in the bodywork is free?

dscn0460edittb7hc9.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links