Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Windows Vista Build 5744 Rc2

MrADeveci

This is now only available via MSDN ........ (officially)

Does anyone actually have this I can get a copy of ................. I want to give it a go, see if it's any good or not !

Someone suggested newsgroups, but I don't have any of those ...........

Anyone here ?

Cheers.

(p.s, it's perfectly legal ...........) :)

Does your ISP not have a news server mate?

Who are you with?

You could join something like Easynews, for £6 you get 20 gigs worth of downloadable material, and that will definitely saturate your connection! :winky:

Try this fella:

http://www.ntlworld.com/toolsservices/newsgroups/

ntl Cable Broadband customers:

News (NNTP) Server: news.cable.ntlworld.com

News server: port number: 119

ntl Cable Dial-up or Freedom off-net customers:

News (NNTP) Server: news.ntlworld.com

News Server port number: 119

It's fine here mate, sounds like they've got a localised issue maybe, I'm not using any proxies and my ISP don't have any transparant proxies, not sure fella?

Actually they have reference on the service status page that there were issues with the homepage earlier, but says they were resolved at 6pm, guess they've had a reoccurrence fella :)

Right fella try those news servers, you'll need something like GrabIt for the downloads or any other newsreader, did your friends point you in the direction of the ISO image?

It's been posted in the alt.binaries.comp newsgroup today so should still be on the NTL newsserver if they carry binaries on there :)

If not join Easynews - www.easynews.com - simple and they've definitely got it up there as they carry files for around 60 days!

Nice one Aido ... I'll give them a try too ........... I'm currently getting about 80 k'b on a torrent for it ... so it's not 'that' bad ............. It times out trying to connect to alt.binaries.comp ..... strange ! :blink:

Join Easynews pal - once you realise what you've been missing you'll be hooked :winky:

I get a constant 1.5MB/sec from them, never had a Torrent manage any more than 600KB/sec, and that was on a good day!

The problem with NTL's server is that they could be stopping access to binary groups, a few ISP's do this due to the huge amounts of data that would be peered if they carried all the binary groups - just had a quick look and one of the US peers has already seen 1.2TB since the start of the day - and it's still only 8pm there!!

Some guy I know has been using news groups for a while him self ........... and always swears by them !

News groups is something I haven't actually tried my self ........ but need to catch up !

I'm sure I'll be hooked :winky:

Been using them for over ten years now mate (that's actually pretty scary!!)

Tried everything else over the years, IRC, FTP, P2P and I've always come back to the newsgroups, great for everything from downloads to technical knowledge, even created a few in my time, they're great fun :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links