Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More On 220d Fuel Economy

Haf

My 220SE is 200 miles on the clock, took it out last week to Leeds, mostly b road then a bit on the A1, it returned 33.9mpg, it will be a long while before i can run the car in as i dont expect to do more than 5000 miles a year with it for the time being anyway!! we shall see, but i have to say i enjoyed every mins of it, and dont regret of getting the IS at all... :) :)

Hope you don't me asking, but if you're doing so few miles, why did you get the diesel? Its not going to work out any cheaper than the petrol with only 5000 miles a year.

My 220SE is 200 miles on the clock, took it out last week to Leeds, mostly b road then a bit on the A1, it returned 33.9mpg, it will be a long while before i can run the car in as i dont expect to do more than 5000 miles a year with it for the time being anyway!! we shall see, but i have to say i enjoyed every mins of it, and dont regret of getting the IS at all... :) :)

Hope you don't me asking, but if you're doing so few miles, why did you get the diesel? Its not going to work out any cheaper than the petrol with only 5000 miles a year.

Because it was cheaper than the IS250 petrol, that was the main reason, also when i test drive both cars, i found the performance were only little bits better on with the petrol IS250, which i didnt think is worth the extra money, that why i went for the Diesel!! ;) ;) :duh: :duh:

but just a few niggles...Interior mirror has a mind of it own never had a dancing interior mirror Lexus say thats normal (have fitted a long golf tee to the mirror and glass)that fixed it.

Would love to see a pic of how you fixed your mirror.... :) :)

Is that all you 220d owners are getting 31/39mpg :o

Im getting well over 42+mpg out of the 330d :o :D

Gord, is that number from the Board comp or you calculated that?

The other point to note is that this engine has a massive amount of torque for it's size, possibly nearing your 330d, but the delivery is narrowish. So you end up in the wrong gear all too easily, and sometime embarrassingly.

exactly Jamboo. Specially with so long box it is sometimes hard to be on correct (efficient) revs.

Another point - IS is really heavy car. My dad's e-class 400cdi is only 100kgs heavier, but it's bigger and it has really huge engine (V8 twin turbo).

And the 225 and 245 rubber doesn't help to the consumption either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links