Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions

I went into Liverpool Lexus today for my 60k Service

I spoke to them before i went today and spoke about interest about buying the new 220d

so they said they would arrange for me to have this as my courtesy car

Got there today and they said i had to have it on my insurance which i agreed to

But my insurance would not cover me on this due to the value of the car? i then told them that i am very unlikely to renew my insurance with them.

I then asked the dealer could i have a old IS 200 then, then said they didnt have any, but the yard was full of them!

Should have the garage done more to help me.

I walked out the garage without my 60K serive being done, but before this they told me i could wait till 1 oclock in there lounge while it was being done LOL no thanks

The other option is that you pay £10 and they insure the 220d for you....

Given the situation, they could have waived the £10 - afterall your service will have cost a fortune!

is this a option at all lexus dealers

I've found that all Lexus (and other) main dealer Franchises do this - so I'd ask 'em a few questions!

The other option is that you pay £10 and they insure the 220d for you....

Given the situation, they could have waived the £10 - afterall your service will have cost a fortune!

is this a option at all lexus dealers

I had it as an option when i had my 40,000 service at worcester.

just sent this email to lexus GB steve / gill

Steve / Gill

I am looking for some advice. I booked my car into Lexus Liverpool for the Monday just pasted 23/10/2006 for the 60k service. I told them i would need a courtesy car as i need it for my day to day job. They said this would be fine. On Friday 20/10/2006 a sales person from Lexus Liverpool rang me and told me about the new IS's. I told him that i was looking to change me car as soon as i found the right car and the new IS's was something i was looking at. So after a conversation with him i told him that it was the new IS 220d i was interested so he said he would arrange this for my courtesy car on the Monday and would speak to me later in the week about a deal as he was off on the Monday.

On the Monday i tried to put the new IS 220d on my insurance but my insurance would not take this due to my age of 24. They said they would only take a like for like car or something less. Which is fair enough. So i asked the dealer was there nothing to do, Dave Allen replied No. So i asked could i have not have second hand IS 200 from the yard which was for sale. He replied no. He suggested that i waited in the lounge until 1pm it was 9am at the point.

So i decided to walk out rather try to sort my 60k service out. I just feel the dealer could have done more to keep my custom. I do not know what to do. Get my service carried out now at a independent garage or change to another car manufacture. For now i will not be looking to get a new IS 220d. From researching on the lexus owners forum ( http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/) people have told me i could have paid £10 to go on there insurance is this correct?

Hope to hear from you soon

Andrew

I think the bottom line will be that LGB will refer you back to your dealer - they will not comment.

It's down to the dealers and it's a policy of their making, possibly as result of their Insurers requesting that this £10 fee happens. It's like an excess waiver. If you don't pay it, the excess goes up substantially should you prang it (which you have to pay).

Some dealers will waive the fee, but I believe they do this out of good will.

I am surprised that your own insurance company didn't just charge you some cash for the day and insure the courtesy car for you.

PS - I never had to pay the tenner for my previous cars, or my other car (Honda), and whilst I have had 2 courtesy cars through Lexus, the fee has been waived due to the circumstances, and I would stress out of goodwill.

It's down to the individual dealer's policy.

Leeds started out with the £10 for their insurance, then dropped that and you had to provide your own insurance.

Now they've gone back to the £10 system again.

They generally waive the fee if it's warranty, but not for "paid" work such as servicing.

It may be because of your age, being the paranoid type, I always read the small print on the insurance waiver I'm asked to sign when getting a courtesey car and it often reads age over 25.

The joys of being that little bit older... :winky:

None of this crap happens to me any more!!!

Mike

On my third Lexus in 4.5 years. This is the second one that I have got from Lexus Stockport, the other one I got from Liverpool.

Always had them serviced at Stockport, always had a courtesy car, never had to pay for the previledge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links