Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Used Www.autoebid.com?

I am slowly getting closer to changing my car for a new Lexus.

Not entirely sure which one yet, probably a new IS250 SE-L auto with Multimedia.

Anyway has anyone used www.autoebid to purchase? I have best prices from drivethedeal and will use those in discussions with my local dealers in Scotland, but in the event of the negotiations not going my way, I thought I would look at autoebid. It looks like a good way of possibly purchasing the car I want at an even better price.

And finally, have the availability issues from earlier this year when certain models were in very short supply (was it a MM issue) been resolved?

What chance is there of being a cadoxton slate / black IS250 SE-L Auto MM in the country now? (I'm not patient when I have finally made a choice....)

Any comments welcome.

Been looking at a cadoxton slate / black IS250 SE myself. Some good second hand examples now up for sale at some of the Lexus forecourts.

Cnt help you with autobid but good luck in your hunt.

I've been keeping an eye on the ex demos on the lexus site as well, it is an option but the numbers on the cars are a bit high....

drivethedeal quote £28974.77 for a new IS250 SE-L Auto, metallic, MM, a discount of £3313.22 from list.

Comparable ex demos on the lexus site are priced from £27950 for a dec 05 with 11k up to £31495 for a July 06.

I know that these are negotiable prices but they still seem very high.

Maybe the SE prices are a bit more reasonable but I'd have a look at drivethedeal for a guide to what you could pay for a new one.

I've been keeping an eye on the ex demos on the lexus site as well, it is an option but the numbers on the cars are a bit high....

drivethedeal quote £28974.77 for a new IS250 SE-L Auto, metallic, MM, a discount of £3313.22 from list.

Comparable ex demos on the lexus site are priced from £27950 for a dec 05 with 11k up to £31495 for a July 06.

I know that these are negotiable prices but they still seem very high.

Maybe the SE prices are a bit more reasonable but I'd have a look at drivethedeal for a guide to what you could pay for a new one.

I used autoebid in May to buy an IS250SE and expect the car in 2 days from London. The price was 10%+ below list which was much better than drivethedeal etc or the local dealers. Indeed the second hand car prices were higher although I had not tried haggling. I note that drivethedeal prices are much closer now and are guaranteed. Autoebid tries to get a best price but it depends on Lexus dealers making a bid.I was sceptical at first. Glad I stayed with it.

TomSS

Been looking at a cadoxton slate / black IS250 SE myself. Some good second hand examples now up for sale at some of the Lexus forecourts.

Cnt help you with autobid but good luck in your hunt.

Woodford Lexus have about 6 autos ( one is Cadoxton) at the moment I assume you coudl get about 7-8% off

alan

Well I spoke to the 2 central Scotland dealers and both are quoting 11 - 12 weeks. Apparently IS250s are rarer than IS220d, automatic is rarer than manual, SE-L is rarer than SE and Multimedia is rarer than non-multimedia....

And they don't want to exceed 20k cars annually by end 2007 so they are quite happy having supply limited (which I have to admit finding strange....

Woodford Lexus have about 6 autos ( one is Cadoxton) at the moment I assume you coudl get about 7-8% off

alan

Alan are the cars you refer to above at Woodford Lexus new or ex-demo?

Well I spoke to the 2 central Scotland dealers and both are quoting 11 - 12 weeks. Apparently IS250s are rarer than IS220d, automatic is rarer than manual, SE-L is rarer than SE and Multimedia is rarer than non-multimedia....

And they don't want to exceed 20k cars annually by end 2007 so they are quite happy having supply limited (which I have to admit finding strange....

alan

They are brand new Those will be the last until next year for them They have quite a few colours and a few diff specs

alan

alan

I tend to think the problem with delivery is the demand for auto's in other countrys.

Lexus have launched the IS300 in the middle of October in Dubai the first time the IS has been sold in the middle east, talking to the Toyota dealer principal at Al Futtaim out in Dubai the demand is huge and they are all autos. They can not get enough and every second car is already a Toyota or a Lexus GS. The delays just got longer i think........

Infinity.............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links