Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Se Alarm & Immobiliser Problems! Help!

Hi there everyone, hope you all can help me out of this MESS!

So this is what has happened, my honest, decent ,reliable mechanic has recently done a FULL service on my IS200 SE. I had a little problem which was bugging me for ages, kept getting a ticking sound (like a stone in your tyre) only when i turned right, anyways it turned out to be the wheel bearing!!! Hope that helps someone out there!

So the mechanic had the car a week, had to be moved a few times: Engine ON Engine OFF few times. Then suddenly the car would run for 20-30 secs and completely cut out.

Mechanic thought that maybe the plugs got wet and he had fludded it, so this happened a couple of times. In the end he decided to take all the plugs out and let them dry over night. He done this a few more times, this helped a little but still the car would run for 20-30 secs and cut out!

After talking to LEXUS BARNET it seems the car has a rare Imobiliser fault, to cure the problem they said i needed to use my spare key to dissarm the alarm and de-activate the imobiliser, then should run fine.

One slight problem the spare key needs programming. Thankfully to this wonderfull website and everyone envolved i got the instructions of how to programme my spare key.

So on attempt of programming my spare key, SOME HOW i manged not only to de-activate the alarm and Imobiliser AND START THE CAR!!!! BUT NOW, LOOSE ALL THE CODES FOR BOTH KEYS AND STOP THE ALARM OR CENTRAL LOCKING ON THE CAR!

After driving the car back to my garage to do my MOT the next day, this morning the car started then within 20-30 secs CUT OUT!

What i believe has happened, the Imobiliser has a FAULT! on attempt of reprogramming the spare key i have managed to dissarm the alarm and immobiliser temporarily (maybe went into safe mode???). Starting the car and driving it to my garage. On taking the key out, the Imobiliser has reset itself, and now with both keys not programmed i cannot switch off the imobiliser!!! The car is UN-DRIVEABLE!!!

I think the Alarm and Imobilser and both keys all have to be re-programmed by LEXUS, dont really want to go through the dealership but unless anyones got any suggestions i dont know what to do!

The other problem is LEXUS told me they will have space to do the job in 2 WEEKS!!!!

Any one have any ideas on what the problem may be or what to do??????!!!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Sorry to take up your time.

Dont worry i still love my LEXUS had it 2 years 1st ever problem!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links