Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Suspension Conversion

Minister

hi mate,try this link,its probably not the only place but the prices seem ok and they do ship to the uk and sell the air shocks if you wanted to go that route,does your compressor work at all or is it the shocks thats knacked !!!! Ian

http://www.arnottindustries.com/parts_Lexu...400__yid46.html

Thanks for the quick reply - will certainly check them - very grateful. :D

The suspension has never worked since I got it. The green normal light on the dash flashes. The air suspension leaks and lets itself down after a few days. I had a switch fitted under the bonnett to pump them up when they go flat so the compressor seems to work. However, even when pumped up it bounces everywhere. There is a switch in the boot within the tool encave on the side, this was switched to off when I got it - I understand this switch is related to the suspension and used when the car is jacked off the floor. Have never been able to find out what the flashing light is about.

Its a real shame as the engine is awesome. Am a bit stuck as it difficult to sell on/trade for a newer one as it has this awful suspension problem. I dont seem to be able to convince a Lexus dealer to look at it as its an import.

Even with this problem, I still want another - a great car and it amazes me how the temp gauge always stays in the same place no matter how long I sit in hot traffic - maybe it doesnt work :P

• 3 months later...

hi mate,try this link,its probably not the only place but the prices seem ok and they do ship to the uk and sell the air shocks if you wanted to go that route,does your compressor work at all or is it the shocks thats knacked !!!! Ian

The suspension has never worked since I got it. The green normal light on the dash flashes. The air suspension leaks and lets itself down after a few days. I had a switch fitted under the bonnett to pump them up when they go flat so the compressor seems to work. However, even when pumped up it bounces everywhere. There is a switch in the boot within the tool encave on the side, this was switched to off when I got it - I understand this switch is related to the suspension and used when the car is jacked off the floor. Have never been able to find out what the flashing light is about.

Its a real shame as the engine is awesome. Am a bit stuck as it difficult to sell on/trade for a newer one as it has this awful suspension problem. I dont seem to be able to convince a Lexus dealer to look at it as its an import.

Even with this problem, I still want another - a great car and it amazes me how the temp gauge always stays in the same place no matter how long I sit in hot traffic - maybe it doesnt work :P

THE COOLING SYSTEM IS JUST THAT EFFICIENT.

• 11 months later...

Its a real shame as the engine is awesome. Am a bit stuck as it difficult to sell on/trade for a newer one as it has this

awful suspension problem. I dont seem to be able to convince a Lexus dealer to look at it as its an import.

Hi buddy,

let me know if you found a solution, I just bought a 96 with air suspension, the nearside shock seems weaker than the rest and tends to dip to the right on braking at motorway speeds, Lexus are not interested because mine is an import too, I may follow your route or find a good used unit for the front.

I have no green light on my dash but I can adjust the height with a button by the centre consol, lifts the car by about three inches, I will look in the boot for the switch you mentioned.

Cheers, Andy M

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links