Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper Noise

With the wonderfull weather we are having here in Scotland i had to use the wipers. they are fine when its lashing down and they are on full but if its a drizzle or road spray i get an annoying clunk when the wipers reach the top stroke and start to come back.

I have checked the bodywork and window but there is no marks to say its a physical barrier thats causing the noise.

Someone mentioned that the blades could be too big and the rubber makes the noise?

anyoen ever had an issue with this?

any advice on getting rid of the noise would be helpfull as it looks like its goign to be a wet Winter

happens when you use cheap brand wipers - the wiper twists then hits the seal area

i get the same thing its like 1/3 chance it will do it also had a look outside n was actually nothing to be makin the noise so couldnt figure it out lol

mine do it

and they are Lexus oem wipers

they dont touch the seal either

i just adjust the intermediate wiper speed until it stops or just turn them off

i believe its where they changing direction and the screen is dry

• 5 weeks later...

Mine did this too, until two days ago. Although the blades were quite new and appeared in good condition, I bought a pair of Bosch super plus from Halfords (£18.99 I think it was) and they now don't make that noise any more...

Bargain really, considering how bloody annoying that noise was!

Mike

Mine did this too, until two days ago. Although the blades were quite new and appeared in good condition, I bought a pair of Bosch super plus from Halfords (£18.99 I think it was) and they now don't make that noise any more...

Mike

Anyone know what Wipers hey are?

I have a feelign my wipers are too big hence the noise

Mike

Anyone know what Wipers hey are?

I have a feelign my wipers are too big hence the noise

Got them replaced

22" and 19" for future reference

dotn know if there is any nmoise yet as its not rained.

we think the spoiler was hitting the windscreen on its return leg so we replaced the wipers with Boshe ones sans spoiler.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I had the same noise on mine, tried new blades which worked for about a week then noise returned...arghh, but did some investigation work and found the angle of the blade was incorrect, so I removed the blade and used a large screwdriver in the 'u' on the end of the wiper arm to adjust the pitch of the blade so that it was at the correct angle on the screen, trial and error with this method and 5 mins later sorted!!!!! Peace at last....

laters Pumatron. :D

Hi all

I had the same noise on mine, tried new blades which worked for about a week then noise returned...arghh, but did some investigation work and found the angle of the blade was incorrect, so I removed the blade and used a large screwdriver in the 'u' on the end of the wiper arm to adjust the pitch of the blade so that it was at the correct angle on the screen, trial and error with this method and 5 mins later sorted!!!!! Peace at last....

laters Pumatron. :D

i just replaced the blad with a non spoiler version.

works great no more noise.

• 6 months later...

I had same problem and when I mentioned it to Lexus they said there was a wiper mechanism modification which they did free of charge and since then its been totally silent (3 years ago now). By the way this is my 1st post! Nice to be a part of the community.

Hello and welcome post up a new topic in the new members area and introduce yourself.

I had this problem with my car when i bought it but i bought some PIAA wipers and havent heard a squeek since but that lexus mechanism modification free of charge sounds good.

Hello and welcome post up a new topic in the new members area and introduce yourself.

I had this problem with my car when i bought it but i bought some PIAA wipers and havent heard a squeek since but that lexus mechanism modification free of charge sounds good.

Hi,

Those PIAA wipers are great, expensive but great. They release a coating of silicone which makes them gilde effortlessly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links