Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Running Double Din Screen?

Yesterday I had an Alpine W200Ri double din screen fitted to my car along with an autoleads facia adapter. Usual story of ERR3 forced me into it!

Anyway, after it came out they told me the 'trim' (which is the small plastic part that goes right around the unit to hide the gap/mounting brackets) could not be fitted as it was too big. So, im left with a rather snazzy unit in my dash now but looks unfinished due to the big gap around it. Had a quick search through here and seen a few other members with the Kenwood unit fitted, I had this unit fitted to a previous car and the 'trim' that came with it from what I remember was pretty large and wouldnt fit either, but in some members pics they have a nice slim trim which just fits in perfectly and looks excellent. See here:

gallery_7604_85_44560.jpg

aaannyway, just wanted to know does the autoleads facia adapter come with this 'slimmer trim' to fit the double din screen and have my audio company just forgot about it?

Otherwise am I going to have to do some bodgery?

I shall post a pic of how mine looks later on.

Any help would be great as ive just spent the guts of a grand on this and it looks naff....

Thanks

Harry

ive a feeling though with that surround that comes with the fascia kit you have to cut out the middle slat that allows two single din headunits?

Your correct there. I've got a double DIN screen and i did cut the middle slant out of the surrond and that the fits. Although it did need a bit of sanding to remove any trace of the centre slat, and mine also needed a bit of sanding on the side and bottom to allow the screen to slide open but it looks a lot better.

Hope this helps

Stav

Exactly the reply I was hoping for! Thanks mate, ill get onto the company that fitted it and hope they still have all the bits anf bobs still from it. Though technicly the rest of the kit is mine anyway, should I ever decide to do single din.

Dont suppose you have any pics of how yours looks?

Exactly the reply I was hoping for! Thanks mate, ill get onto the company that fitted it and hope they still have all the bits anf bobs still from it. Though technicly the rest of the kit is mine anyway, should I ever decide to do single din.

Dont suppose you have any pics of how yours looks?

i don't at the mo mate. i'll get some later if i remember

Hi

You guys fit the stereo by yourself?

Really want to know where do you get the connector for the stereo?

Thanks

There is no connector unless you have the S model.

Have a search through the audio section and all will be explained many times over

:D

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links