Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Seats

HI

I notice the the drivers seat leather is getting warn ( no longer smooth but rough to the touch and appears matt)after only very little use Is anyone else having the same Do think this is a warrant issue or just wear and tear ?

thanks

alan

HI

I notice the the drivers seat leather is getting warn ( no longer smooth but rough to the touch and appears matt)after only very little use Is anyone else having the same Do think this is a warrant issue or just wear and tear ?

thanks

alan

Mine still seems ok...Bought December last year and 6000 miles now on the clock.

HI

thanks

alan

Mine's done 20k miles and the leather seats are still like new. All I do is vacuum them regularly and then give them a rub over with a damp chamois leather.

Alan,

have you applied any leather conditioners? Might be a good idea.

Mine is now at 6200 miles, but there have been lots of shortish journeys, so lots of getting in and out.

So far still in fine fettle, and I applied some of this stuff once in June:

Gliptone GTII Conditioner

I only had a small amount - enough to do one set of seats. I need to get some more, but it does a good job.

PS - it's a good idea to stop the natural hide oils from drying out - that's when the cracks appear!! A short term solution is to just wipe then down regularly as Northern Boy has done.

What colour are your? Some colours wear better than others (heavier dye etc).

Alan,

have you applied any leather conditioners? Might be a good idea.

Mine is now at 6200 miles, but there have been lots of shortish journeys, so lots of getting in and out.

So far still in fine fettle, and I applied some of this stuff once in June:

Gliptone GTII Conditioner

I only had a small amount - enough to do one set of seats. I need to get some more, but it does a good job.

PS - it's a good idea to stop the natural hide oils from drying out - that's when the cracks appear!! A short term solution is to just wipe then down regularly as Northern Boy has done.

What colour are your? Some colours wear better than others (heavier dye etc).

Seats are black Leather was rougher from new advised if wear is unusual with photo proof lexus will replace the panel under warrany but that they do tolerate variation in the leather texture.

alan

Actually, car leathers these days have a painted type surface that is impermeable to oils and such. You can rub all you like on it but really all you are doing is smearing it round on the surface and then rubbing it off. The best bet is just to keep it clean and free from grit.

:D Could be showin' my age - things have moved on since we had a car with leather and what we learned when renovating her -

Mercedes Benz 220SEb (Shark Fin rear wings)

Boy what a car that was!! It made you feel sooooo special as you cruised around in a car, steering column shift manual, weighing over 2 tonnes, with a meagre 2.2 litre engine, producing about enough power to just about scrape the skin off some custard....

Just like this - in maroon....

http://www.heckflosse.nl/wall/220wall.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links