Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

After looking at several Lexus, I bought my GS300 only a few months ago, had numerous teething problems, as it had been stood for ages before I bought it

Had a really annoying wheel wobble type problem

Then I decided to sort it and took time, effort and picked a lot of brains then a few days tinkering and changing oils etc

And then it ran like a dream, smooth, powerful, wonderful car, OK its a 95 car but I have had newer cars that would never match the quietness and smoothness

In fact just after the last little bit of tuning I took it up the 2 and a half mile hill from my house and it purred, I must have had smile overload :D :D :D

I loked left looked right and pulled out of the T junction and where the hell did that car come from and bang my front end met another front end :whistling: :o :excl:

So now it looks like due to the cost of lights, bumper and wing I am Lexusless again, the assesor said that parts costs from Lexus will probably make it a right off, being honest it doesn't look that bad, but you wouldn't believe the cost of some of the wheel arch trims, probably cause they don't make many and Lexus are the only supplier :angry:

So if anyone is getting rid of a similar car please let me know :D :D or knows of one same age etc in a garage near them at a good price please let me know

gutted :tsktsk:

Wow to reports of accidents in one day on LOC not a good for lexus owners think ill stay in tonight

After looking at several Lexus, I bought my GS300 only a few months ago, had numerous teething problems, as it had been stood for ages before I bought it

Had a really annoying wheel wobble type problem

Then I decided to sort it and took time, effort and picked a lot of brains then a few days tinkering and changing oils etc

And then it ran like a dream, smooth, powerful, wonderful car, OK its a 95 car but I have had newer cars that would never match the quietness and smoothness

In fact just after the last little bit of tuning I took it up the 2 and a half mile hill from my house and it purred, I must have had smile overload :D :D :D

I loked left looked right and pulled out of the T junction and where the hell did that car come from and bang my front end met another front end :whistling: :o :excl:

So now it looks like due to the cost of lights, bumper and wing I am Lexusless again, the assesor said that parts costs from Lexus will probably make it a right off, being honest it doesn't look that bad, but you wouldn't believe the cost of some of the wheel arch trims, probably cause they don't make many and Lexus are the only supplier :angry:

So if anyone is getting rid of a similar car please let me know :D :D or knows of one same age etc in a garage near them at a good price please let me know

gutted :tsktsk:

Just be glad it wasn't me on my motorbike, I might not be here to write this, and you could be looking at a few years in prison for causing death by dangerous driving...

You're probably feeling bad enough already, but it could have been a whole lot worse when you look at it like that!

Mike

Just be glad it wasn't me on my motorbike, I might not be here to write this, and you could be looking at a few years in prison for causing death by dangerous driving...

You're probably feeling bad enough already, but it could have been a whole lot worse when you look at it like that!

Mike

Hi Mike

As a biker myself I 100% agree with you, and I was feeling like a twa*

But tonite a wierd twist happened, someone from where I live turned up that I had only seen in the road before so not a mate or anything, and he said he was behind the car behind the one I hit, although he was a few yards away, well, this is what he said, you make up your own mind.

The other car was parked by the side of the road, when I pulled out, quite slowly, the car accelerated straight at me, and it looked like I was being aimed at, in his opinion he could have stopped, but he didnt even brake

His mrs said at the time don't stop don't get involved, but he came around because he thought I should know what he said he saw

I don't know what to think now, are there really suicide jockeys around looking for a bump ?

Strange i was reading an article in the sun this week that said a group of people had been caught and arrested for delibratley causing accidents and claiming on insurance for whiplash etc.

Its well worth contacting your insurance and informing them the added witness statment may mean you dont pay for what maybe wasn't your fault

Good Luck

Mike

Hi Mike

As a biker myself I 100% agree with you, and I was feeling like a twa*

But tonite a wierd twist happened, someone from where I live turned up that I had only seen in the road before so not a mate or anything, and he said he was behind the car behind the one I hit, although he was a few yards away, well, this is what he said, you make up your own mind.

The other car was parked by the side of the road, when I pulled out, quite slowly, the car accelerated straight at me, and it looked like I was being aimed at, in his opinion he could have stopped, but he didnt even brake

His mrs said at the time don't stop don't get involved, but he came around because he thought I should know what he said he saw

I don't know what to think now, are there really suicide jockeys around looking for a bump ?

That doesn't supprise me, what condition was the car in before the accident, if it was clean (as in no major marks) they probably like and look after the car, if its in a bad way it could be that they don't care about it and maybee willing to 'sacrifice' it for a whiplash suit. Im sure if you mention it to the insurance company they will look into the other persons insurance claim history. I'd definatly persue this it's probably going to be worth while.

Craig

Ian

Seems like you have been the innocent victim of an car insurance claim scam.

I would reprt the matter to your local police pronto and try and get a witness statement from the driver who observed the incident.

Should you need any front end parts I know of a guy near Barnsley I think he is who is breaking a Mk1 GS that blew a head gasket so no accident damage.

He is ok to deal with as I have had his front seat s and some other bits.

He was listing on eBay a while ago.

PM me and i'll pass you on his details.

Keith

Update time

The insurance company called and they want to repair the car, so I am really glad about that as it took me ages to find one in budget and one in good enough condition that I liked enough to buy

They have said that they also agree that since the accident the engine is underpowered, they have said that if I take the car to a garage that can diagnose any faults such as shock damage to the electrics or sensors they will look at paying for them to be repaired

So my question is it only Lexus garages that have the laptops and data to check the engine out ? and has anyone any idea how much Lexus would charge to run the checks as I have to pay that out first and reclaim it after

If you go to your local Lexus with the paper work from your insurance company, claim No etc, agreeing to pay for all repairs, get a quote, and then Fax it over to your insurance company for approval. If they approve it, which they should, they in turn fax Lexus with the authority to carry out the repairs, so all you have to fork out, is the excess :D

After what seemed a reasonable simple insurance claim, I am in 2 minds to have it repaired by the repair bodyshop or to accept an offer of cash and the car and do it myself, then use the balance of the cash to do a few other jobs on the car

First question, is the front wing a simple bolt off and bolt on option to cahngte the metalwork or is it much much worse

Second question, is it easy (ish) to match the paint, mine is a white over silver one

Thanks all :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links