Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toy Supra Vs. Is200 Diff Swap

Carles

I think Mat is still running his standard IS200 diff and it held up fine from what I know. I will be running my standard diff also for a while.

What you want is an IS300 diff as it is a bit stronger and has better gear ratios than the IS200 diff. It will give a higher top end.

This is only really needed if you have heavily modified the engine though as the different ratios prob won't work that well with the standard 153BHP fo the IS200.

Thanks for the answers!

I have not been able to resist and I have bought one :blush: later I have seen that it serves to swap for IS300 but not for IS200. It's a G315, ring size 8", FGR 3,909 and 5 pinions LSD.

Now my idea is open it and change the internal pieces :blink:

Well, I will put photos of all it conforms advance.

Greetings.

I'm confused but not the only one http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=268738 , unfortunately it's not resolute, somebody that it knows the information relative to the measures can help me?

I see in this page http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_lsd_selective.html that they exist basically two types, 43101-SE100 and 41301-JX001, I would like to think that there isn't difference of external measures :unsure:

Also it's possible I can buy soon a differential torsen, finding this way the measures.

Greetings.

if your car is an is200 then you require 41301-SE100

but you will also require the bearings, and will need to re-shim the preload and measure backlash on the gear

Thanks,

also with the OEM torsen (manual to automatic) too?

if your car is an is200 then you require 41301-SE100

but you will also require the bearings, and will need to re-shim the preload and measure backlash on the gear

Thanks,

also with the OEM torsen (manual to automatic) too?

the is200 differential cases are the same size, its the final gearing that is different , not the case or the differential unit

so you will be able to fit the auto and manual final gear pinion to the trd lsd

But TRD says:

Exclusive side gear shaft required.  M/T(*4),A/T(*5)

*4 41309-22060   2 Toyota Genuine Part "0"

*5 41309-14050   2 Toyota Genuine Part "0"

Then it seems there are difference between both (MTM and ATM)

In the Kaaz list don't appear this distinction.

It worries to me because I don't want to have the stopped car waiting for other pieces when it conducts the operation.

But TRD says:

Exclusive side gear shaft required.  M/T(*4),A/T(*5)

*4 41309-22060   2 Toyota Genuine Part "0"

*5 41309-14050   2 Toyota Genuine Part "0"

Then it seems there are difference between both (MTM and ATM)

In the Kaaz list don't appear this distinction.

It worries to me because I don't want to have the stopped car waiting for other pieces when it conducts the operation.

exactly, the KAAZ differential doesnt make concern of the side shafts, hence why i have x2 kaaz differentials,

with the TRD units the only difference in the side shaft that needs changing is the length, you could, if you really wanted to just modify your oem shafts, by grinding down the end that sits within the differentail unit

Now I understand, thanks to clarify.

Abusing of your patience, the internal diameter (where the OEM LSD/or not LSD slips into OEM shafts) is 4.9" ? And the lenght?

Thank you very much for your time.

Now I understand, thanks to clarify.

Abusing of your patience, the internal diameter (where the OEM LSD/or not LSD slips into OEM shafts) is 4.9" ? And the lenght?

Thank you very much for your time.

sorry i dont know the internal dimensions, all i know is the is200 and altezza differential casings are the same size

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links