Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Much Oil

Brendan

Quick question, I just changed the oil in my 220 (20 minutes ago) I put in the GTX magnetex as was recomended but its reading a wee bit high on the dip stick. I fully emtied it and put in 4 and a half litres, does that amount sound right. also, did the wifes A3 at the same time, its empied of oil but i'm finding it very hard to get off the filter, any advice! it's started to rain now so i've abandoned it outside with a screwdriver tru the filter

thanks in advance

Brendan

Have a quick look in the owners manual to see how much oil it needs...

get a proper oil filter removal tool, handle with a chain type ... these are not dear and less messy,

that way if the new filter didn't fit you could always put the old one back on...

It doesn't saw in the manual how much oil, I brought the manual Halfords and we checked it was to no avail. i think it was because i used the tool for syphoning out the oil out of the dipstick so you don't have to go under the car theat it may have read high as it pulls d oil up. screwdriver is allready through the filter sio its a given that its gonna be messy. I reckon brute force,

Brendan

Dont overfill it, not good for the engine. Go by your dipstick. You could start it up checking your oil pressure light goes out and run it for a while, then allow to cool, re-check and top-up if necessary. The chances that you got all the oil out of the engine are slim and the amount you put back in sounds reasonable to me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links