Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Advice And Help

Mr-Lex

Gang, anyone heard of GAP Security? Meant to be professional mobile car in car security dealers.

Anyway I've had a quote for a Clifford Concept 500 Max + with remote engine start.

Comes with and addtional:

Glass Tamper Sensor

Duel Zone Proximity Sensor

Remote Panic

Valet Mode

Remote Courtesy Lighting

Instant Bypass

All windows closure including sunroof (and I think closing of side mirrors!)

Intellstart with heating and airconditioning activated (remote engine start)

Cat 1 insurance approved and few little extra all for

£750 including fitting either home or work.

I want to know if anyone has heard of them (they have been advertised in Max Power Magazine - Feb 2003) and any bad/good experience with them. Second is, is this a deal for £750??? :unsure:

Would appreciate replies, any other comments, other companies reliable and competitive??? :shifty:

i know the company you mean, seen there adverts in magazines but dont know if they are any good or not.

clifford alarms are very good so i hear, i know a few ppl who swear by them. the alarm u mention sounds good 2.

dont know much bout the prices though mate but im sure the others will

I have experienced these people and I would never use these people again

There engineer arrived late afternoon and fitted the alarm

Next day found the enginner had buggered up the elec windows and elec mirrors and a few other small probs.

When we called GAP to get the engineer to fix the problem we were confronted by some cocky little arrogant idiot who more or less said no.

After a another phone call (after i saw red) I threatened him with legal action (bla bla) and then he saw sense!

BUT we still never saw the engineer and ended fixing the prob oursleves.

I myself as i promised the idiot on the phone would never recommened them.

Then again.. I am allowed to say that :lol: In fact I might filter that company name from these forums! (yes i was that angry) :angry::angry::angry::angry:

We had a cheapo bog standard immobiliser fitted to our Prelude V-Tec (condition of the insurance at the time). As cheap 'n' cheerful 'technicians' they were ok, and the kit was adequate (not brilliant quality) but I'm not sure I'd trust many mobile outfits on my current pride and joy.

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I have now decided not to get it done by them. Other people have told me simular problems. Obviously I don't want to spend that kind of money to my pride and joy knowing that they may botch it up and the lack of after sales you get from them.

Pls, pls, keep the replies coming in and let me know if there are any other established companies who can be trusted and yet value for money.... :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links