Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ncap Test For The New Is

HERE

So, we're all wonderfully safe. Shame about the padestrians though... :tomato:

I've ordered the Lexus "Catcher Net" that looks like a large butterfly net attached to the boot and catches granny as she bounces over the windscreen and across the roof, before safely hanging her on the next lampost I pass.

NBLG - Just make sure you've put a sealant glaze on the car. The last thing you want are broken eggs from the shopping bag lingering on the paintwork.

[i can see this thread becoming comical]

I always make sure the grannies I hit are wearing those nice soft sheepskin ankle booties.

P.S If you only half wax the roof, the difference in friction causes them to spin.

HERE

Going serious for a moment, the lower leg results are dissapointing. Although NCAP refer to the knee airbags and the Lexus claim of less damage to the legs, the brake pedal moving into the cabin by 100mm is surpising. I thought the old Audi safety system (from the 95 A4 onwards!) pulled the pedal box away from the driver in an impact :blink: I'm sure that could have been rectified in the new IS though.

The rest is good news though, apart from flying, spinning pensioners of course.. :lol:

HERE

Going serious for a moment, the lower leg results are dissapointing. Although NCAP refer to the knee airbags and the Lexus claim of less damage to the legs, the brake pedal moving into the cabin by 100mm is surpising. I thought the old Audi safety system (from the 95 A4 onwards!) pulled the pedal box away from the driver in an impact :blink: I'm sure that could have been rectified in the new IS though.

The rest is good news though, apart from flying, spinning pensioners of course.. :lol:

That was the old Audi Procon 10 system that was used from 1986 until the mid 90s but was discontinued when they launched the A4, A8 in 94. It used steel wire to pull the steering wheel away from the driver and pre-tensioned the seatbelts. The adoption of airbags killed it.

HERE

I made a comment about this in a previous post (the results have been out for a while).

Earlier post

The IS lost a point on frontal impact because the brake pedal moved back by more than 100mm. According the result, it actually moved 101mm! I'm not going to worry about that extra mm!

• 1 month later...

Remember pedestrians and less movable objects (or movable objects like a granny handbag striking the grill of a hooting, barely stationary merc at a pedestrian crossing - you've seen the clip no doubt!) create excessive costs by setting off the airbags that then need to be recharged! I believe this may cost a couple of k£?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links