Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Is An After Market Unit

Hi just wondering if anyone could help.

Got the dreaded err3 message on my unit yesterday. This is my second unit from lexus after having the first replaced under warrenty 17 months ago. I have an IS200 X 2001 plate so I am now out of the warrenty period.

I have been reading a few posts on this site about this problem and tried a few things such as kicking the b*****d and the radio 1 fuse trick but nothing has worked, all six cd's stuck with no signs of any life whatso ever.

So back to my original questions, what the hell is an after market unit?

Hi just wondering if anyone could help.

I have been reading a few posts on this site about this problem and tried a few things such as kicking the b*****d

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So back to my original questions, what the hell is an after market unit?

an aftermarket head unit, (as this is what I think you mean) is what you see all the wall in Halfords and other car audio shops

it's just installing a different head unit (car radio) into the car from the 1 that was fitted as standard back in the factory

A headunit you buy from a shop thats not made by the orginal manufactorer, such as Halfords, Motormania, etc.

Generally in two sizes called single or double DIN. The standard lexus stereo is DOUBLE DIN size. But you can buy a fascia adaptor for the lexus so you can fit either size.

Cheers for that, just need to decide what to do next.

eBay for a new unit

splash the cash with lexus (doubtful just to get the same thing again in a few months)

FM transmitter for my I River

Radio

or an aftermarket head unit now that I know what one is

sell car and get a new one

Take a look at the Alpine 9850Ri, it's iPOD compatible, easy to use and can be found for as little as £160 on eBay.

I just fitted this in my Tubby and am well chuffed! :D

Hi Mike can you just give me a few more details,have u acturally set ur's up for the i-pod anything else needed lookin in2 getting one of these, the other thing is.. does it have a seperate sub out, as my old hu didn't and it sucks that way just via pre outs...

does it also play mp3's etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links