Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Locking(lack-of)

Hi everyone

sorry to come back to this topic but I've searched all the other posts and replies to no avail.

my remote locking has suddenly stopped working,I've checked the doors are all shut,the ignition lock clicks when the key is removed,I don't think the ecu want re-programming as the remote locking sometimes works,my car has been parked in the same place without trouble for 3 yrs.so I don't think its interference.I've read all I can find on this site but nobody seems to have come-up with an answer to my problem,help please,has anyone got anything new to try?

:duh:

Morning,

Had the same problem when I first got my IS. It wasn't working when I bought it. The dealership (Toyota Scunthorpe) said it was because the car had been standing for a long time and the Battery had gone flat. They said they didn't have the computers to fix a Lexus so I had to take it to Lexus Grimsby. (3 hours before my ferry out of the UK) Lexus Grimsby said both remotes wouldn't accept coding???. I ended up getting on the boat with no central locking. Went to a Toyota dealership in the Czech Republic, left the car for an hour, They phoned Lexus Brno, fixed it and charged my 50czk (75p) for a Battery.????? Top Quality Service (In CZ anyway)

Does the red light flash on the key fob when pressed?

Hi Winnie, yes it does,I've put new batteries in both my keys but the problem remains :duh:

I was hoping someone had found the magic answer to all the remote locking problems that are on this site,alas nothing to help yet :blink:

Hi everyone

sorry to come back to this topic but I've searched all the other posts and replies to no avail.

my remote locking has suddenly stopped working,I've checked the doors are all shut,the ignition lock clicks when the key is removed,I don't think the ecu want re-programming as the remote locking sometimes works,my car has been parked in the same place without trouble for 3 yrs.so I don't think its interference.I've read all I can find on this site but nobody seems to have come-up with an answer to my problem,help please,has anyone got anything new to try?

Not got any new tricks to try, but just wanted to say that I suffered same problem this morning, first time ever in almost 3 years. Parked on hardstanding at home, all 3 remotes failed to unlock car, although managed to open boot once. Lexus Croydon suggested wireless interference the problem, and suggested RAC be called, as they carry device to monitor such interference. RAC brilliant - here within 15 minutes and confirmed suspected cause and direction it probably coming from (dishes/aerials on roof of tower block a few hundred yard down the road). Opened car manually with key (alarm screaming, much to disgust of neighbours!), drove 20 yards, stopped beside RAC van, blocking line of sight of suspect devices, and all OK. Got back home tonight after driving to work, and it is still OK, both locking and unlocking. RAC man told me this not an uncommon problem in London area, not particularly confined to Lexus vehicles.

Hi everyone

Not got any new tricks to try, but just wanted to say that I suffered same problem this morning, first time ever in almost 3 years. Parked on hardstanding at home, all 3 remotes failed to unlock car, although managed to open boot once. Lexus Croydon suggested wireless interference the problem, and suggested RAC be called, as they carry device to monitor such interference. RAC brilliant - here within 15 minutes and confirmed suspected cause and direction it probably coming from (dishes/aerials on roof of tower block a few hundred yard down the road). Opened car manually with key (alarm screaming, much to disgust of neighbours!), drove 20 yards, stopped beside RAC van, blocking line of sight of suspect devices, and all OK. Got back home tonight after driving to work, and it is still OK, both locking and unlocking. RAC man told me this not an uncommon problem in London area, not particularly confined to Lexus vehicles.

Hi,

Interesting reading- I have an IS300 Sportcross and always find that it wont lock when I park outside my Mum's house, or it struggles and then does it eventually. Once found that it wouldnt unlock- nearly had a panic attack thinking of the chas that would cause but eventually it unlocked. I blame it on interference too!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links