Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

well its finally happened. after 3 years of not spending owt on the lex, my calipers have given up the ghost.

front drivers caliper has locked on,

has any one got the part number for a caliper seal kit for a mk1 '300?. (front and rear) i suppose lex and toyota will be the same, and thinking about it the toyota one should be a damn side cheaper :)

plus ive to change the cam belt aswell, do you recomend genuine lex/toyota on that, and should i get the tensioner aswell, or not bother?

ta lads

Steve

IMO go genuine, the exsisting belt does 100k easy so they have to be good quality and the most your gonna save by going non gen is £10 ish? I replaced the tensioner on mine at the same time as its no more work for you or the garage and it was about £35 from Chris.S. I had one go on my old car and It ended up bending the valves and causing £600 worth of damage, it was 17 years old at the time so it had a good run but only had done 85k. I do feel that the Lex is obviously better quality but DO YOU think you want change it or not.

this just advice as I am no mecanic.

Craig

well my cam belt hasnt been change in 6 years and about 60 odd ish thousand miles .(current mileage 121.000 ish) reason why i asked about the tensioner, is i was looking on flea bay at gs300 stuff and found a cam belt with tensioner, so thought you changed them at the same time as a matter of cource.

i had a mk3 supra before this and people always said go genuine,

but mainly im more worried about the calipers tbh, :), i dont like the smell

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links