Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cold Idle Speed

alpappy

Now that winter has arrived I note that when the car is cold the idle speed is about 1500..have to hold the car back..The engine takes about 15 minutes for the revs to come down to below 1000. It then settles at 600rpm when warm Do all the v6 petrol engines do this

thanks

alan

The diesel tends to do this to 1200rpm, so it happens on all to some extent

In my IS220d it only occurs when I switch on the air conditioner, but only until the engine has the rigth temperature. The engine goes up to 1200 rpm at neutral, when it is in the right temperature the rpm goes down to 600. It is due to the optimun performance of the air conditioner is when the engine is in the right temperature

i've noticed this on my 220d.

its as like the idle speed is fairly normal at start up then about 5 mins into the journey it shoots up to 1200/1300 and stays there for a while ...a good 20minutes, i was going to mention this when it goes in for its first service next month.....along with the other rattles/creaks/poor fuel economy issues ...best get a list compiled :(

i've noticed this on my 220d.

its as like the idle speed is fairly normal at start up then about 5 mins into the journey it shoots up to 1200/1300 and stays there for a while ...a good 20minutes, i was going to mention this when it goes in for its first service next month.....along with the other rattles/creaks/poor fuel economy issues ...best get a list compiled :(

obviously the air-con doesn't work first 5 minutes. I got this too.

if it is around 0 degrees, I turn the power heating on, and the engine warms up quicker

Mine cold-starts @ 1800,falls to 1500 within 20 seconds But, when I select reverse, falls to c.1000rpm.

After c. 2miles or 5 mins the Aircon comes-in & the idle-speed is then normal.Have always said the car warms up faster than previous IS's.

Tel

I just posted on another thread that my 220d takes ages to warm up now we are freezing and revs at 1200 rpm at stand still. Strangely enough the revs go down to 750 rpm (coasting) until I am at a standstill again, as soon as the wheels stop turning the revs go up to 1200 rpm. Weird but must be designed to do that.

Once the engine is fully warm the revs settle at 750, has anybody else noticed this?

By the way had the car 1 month old now, done about 2000 mile and averaged 41mpg. Not bad should improve once the car loosens up I think.

No rattles, she is a beauty for the price can't fault her.

Sorry to hear everyones rattles and noises, I am now paranoid about listening out for them. The car is very quiet which I think makes rattles even worse.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links