Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2gb Mini Sd Card - Help

MacRS200

Hi all

Bought a 2GB Mini SD card for my stepson to put in his new Nokia N80. Want to copy some vids and stuff to the card before I give it to him on Christmas day.

Problem is that when I put in my memory card reader it shows as being in the slot as a drive but when I click on it in explorer it just comes up with "Insert Disk In To Drive X:". The LED flashes like a good un so it is trying.

Anyone got any ideas on what the problem is?

TIA

Have you tried going into the memory icon and formating the card? This may help.

Sorry should have added that when you right click on the icon in explorer and select "Properties" it comes up with File System - RAW with 0Kb data and 0Kb capacity. Tried using the Format command from there as well and nothing happens, even tried formatting from DOS Prompt and that won't work either.

So a bit stumped at the moment :duh:

Check the SD Card doesn't have a Password on it ...........

Put it in the Phone first ....... check there, and also try formatting on the phone ....... see if that works mate !

Thanks for the input chaps.

Should not have a password as it is straight out of the box and is supposed to be "ready for use" :lol:

Thought of the putting it in the phone but he already has it and it won't fit in mine so guess it will have to wait till Christmas Day.

I recently got a 2Gb Datawrite card and had no end of trouble with it (and it's replacement). I had to send it back in the end - it just would not work with any device I owned despite latest firmware etc.

It was OK in a Toshiba laptop card slot but that was it, everything else hung or couldn't see the card at all - I guess sometimes "standards" are not as standard as they should be!

Some card readers do not support "very large" (as in storage size) solid state devices (such as an SD card, mini SD, MMC, blah blah).

They tend to corrupt any data on them even if you did manage to format it.

My bet is your card reader is a bit old - possibly only USB 1.1.

Try the card either in a phone etc or try a newer more recent card reader. USB 2.0 should generally insure this.

D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links