Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there anyone who can give me some feedback on the 450h. I am about to change my 02 SC430. I was intent on upgrading to another SC. However the big problem is that I live and spend a lot of time in London. Our wonderful Mayor has decided to wage war on "Chelsea Tractors" by imposing a £25 per day congestion charge on any car over 225g C.O. The SC falls into this catagory and he will not give a residents discount on this group.

My dealer has suggested the 450 hybrid and I wondered if anyone who has got one can give the lowdown and any problems or positives?

I really love the SC but paying that amount of money daily is out of the question.

If you want to mail me direct you can at

melndot AT btconnect DOT com

Edited by ColinBarber

Is there anyone who can give me some feedback on the 450h. I am about to change my 02 SC430. I was intent on upgrading to another SC. However the big problem is that I live and spend a lot of time in London. Our wonderful Mayor has decided to wage war on "Chelsea Tractors" by imposing a £25 per day congestion charge on any car over 225g C.O. The SC falls into this catagory and he will not give a residents discount on this group.

My dealer has suggested the 450 hybrid and I wondered if anyone who has got one can give the lowdown and any problems or positives?

I really love the SC but paying that amount of money daily is out of the question.

If you want to mail me direct you can at

melndot AT btconnect DOT com

Not sure about how it may affect warranty or whatnot (I've rarely driven or owned anything under 10 years old) but could you convert your current (or upgraded) SC to LPG? this would mean you would avoid the congestion charge and would lose some of the power, but if you drive in London you are unlikely to use the power to it's full capacity anyway.

I do remember seeing on TV that the 450h has about 10% more power than the equivalent petrol version :P

Has the £25 a day charge been confirmed then? I heard it was a proposal, but thought it would never make it through :o

The GS450h is very nice, the only thing that puts me off it a little is the boot, it is tiny so you can barely get anything in it - but I guess you can't get much in an SC430, so you might not be too bothered about that anyway :P

I love living in central london, but the charges are all so annoying that I don't bother having a car there - when I do, I'll prob end up getting something like the GS450h, or hopefully there'll be an IS version by then :winky:

Has the £25 a day charge been confirmed then? I heard it was a proposal, but thought it would never make it through :o

The GS450h is very nice, the only thing that puts me off it a little is the boot, it is tiny so you can barely get anything in it - but I guess you can't get much in an SC430, so you might not be too bothered about that anyway :P

I love living in central london, but the charges are all so annoying that I don't bother having a car there - when I do, I'll prob end up getting something like the GS450h, or hopefully there'll be an IS version by then :winky:

No not yet, but it is such a vote winner as so many Londoners hate gas guzzlers that having given it so much publicity i am sure it will be brought in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links