Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Integration For Is200

Sorry if this is covered by another post but has anyone had experience with the SLI module from VaisTech??

Specifically on an IS200 SE?? I've seen VaisTech mentioned a few times in the forums but I was hoping to find a success story.

The unit can be found at: http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

I'm currently using an FM modulator but it's pants - driving across the UK the signal breaks up.

I'm desperate for some decent sound quality.

Thanks in advance....

Sorry if this is covered by another post but has anyone had experience with the SLI module from VaisTech??

Specifically on an IS200 SE?? I've seen VaisTech mentioned a few times in the forums but I was hoping to find a success story.

I'm currently using an FM modulator but it's pants - driving across the UK the signal breaks up.

Thanks in advance....

Its not a neat install but i use a belkin tape adapter and a ipod connector to 3.5 jack with Firewire charger.

cost me £15 in total and i works better than an Itrip or the FM modulator i have in the other car.

somewhere on here is a tutorial to install din plugs within your wiring loom and a little bit of creative cabling and patience you caould possibly have an ipod connected car for less than £30.

I plan to have a nano dock connected to a charger and the head unit to make it look neat but thats a job for the summer.

Must be a new product then, 3 months ago they didn't have anything for the IS200. There are 2 different radios in the IS200, you'll need to check how many connectors this Vais module connector has.

The older bottom loading CD radios have an 18 pins connector, the newer ones have a 20 pins.

The Aux-in device Prolex were selling wouldn't fit my older type radio.

I've had an email from Vais Technologies.

They assure me the unit is compatible with a UK IS200, with and without Sat Nav.

Cost is $299 + $65 for shipping.

Any comments??????

It's a fair bit of money for what it is, $300 dollars is about £150+ isn't it??

Sounds pretty good, if you decide to go for it let us know what it's like to install and what the sound quality is like.

Stu.

Must be a new product then, 3 months ago they didn't have anything for the IS200. There are 2 different radios in the IS200, you'll need to check how many connectors this Vais module connector has.

The older bottom loading CD radios have an 18 pins connector, the newer ones have a 20 pins.

The Aux-in device Prolex were selling wouldn't fit my older type radio.

Mmmmm, good point - I'll go back to Vais Tech for further clarification.

I've tried to contact Prolex for prices but so far they've not responded.

I've had an email from Vais Technologies.

They assure me the unit is compatible with a UK IS200, with and without Sat Nav.

Cost is $299 + $65 for shipping.

Any comments??????

It's a fair bit of money for what it is, $300 dollars is about £150+ isn't it??

Sounds pretty good, if you decide to go for it let us know what it's like to install and what the sound quality is like.

Stu.

I worked it out to be £188 but I'm not sure if that includes VAT.

You could well be hit with import tax when it goes through customs.

I'm currently reviewing the best way to get good sounding iPod integration in to an IS200.

Without it costing the earth! I'll post my findings................

I've tried to contact Prolex for prices but so far they've not responded.

I'm currently reviewing the best way to get good sounding iPod integration in to an IS200.

Without it costing the earth! I'll post my findings................

As far as I know at the minute Prolex don't make the aux-in, as the guy who makes them is not very well.

When I was looking for the same thing I was using the fm modulator for a while, keeping the ipod in the top dash flap, found I had no problem with it tuned to 99.5.

Now I have changed the headunit to one with ipod connectivity and it is just as good.

Hi I know you are talking about the IS 200 but the sound etc should be similar

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&hl=my+ipod

This is the ipod fitted in my car

The sound quality is fantastic

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance....

Thanks, that's good to know.

Shame it's just that bit too expensive - especially just after Christmas!

I'll keep thinking about this one for a while.......

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance....

• 2 months later...
Thanks, that's good to know.

Shame it's just that bit too expensive - especially just after Christmas!

I'll keep thinking about this one for a while.......

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance....

Hi everyone!

im new here but not new in my.is which is an US based best IMHO forum concerning the lexus IS .

anyways . i got a VAIS unit from US a week ago and it didnt fit my IS300 '02 due to the lack of 20-pin connector on my HU unit...bloody european version :crybaby: :( im in tight contact with vais right now. so there might be a solution by connecting it through the 12-pin connector instead. wire is on the way to my home, so ill try as soon as i get it!

ill keep you all posted!

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

to be honest it would be far easier and more cost effective to just change the head unit. you can get the cable that bypasses the amp for £60 off eBay, £20 for the facia and what ever on the head unit, then a few hours fitting it all. i looked at the vais unit a while ago and unless you have a friend going to usa and willing to bring it back its going to get stopped at customs. i changed the head unit on my is200 and now i dont even remember the old head unit.

Anyone tried this its another option and a lot cheaper can get it off eBay for something like 50 quid i think or if you dont wanna purchase on there they sell it on amazon.co.uk for 50.99 which is a good price, fitted correctly and in right places i think it would look good, would be perfect if you got Aux in on car if not fitted to back of radio sounds like a lot less work ut obivously wont be through the screen which i suppose what you after more than anything.

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/uk...&nplm=TF639

im looking at getting it for when i get the IS at end of month, looks good and i read some reviews on it, easy to install and witha bit of know how should be quite tidy, plus IS has aux so even easier no aux and its either FM transmitter of plug into back of radio

IS200/300 radios dont have aux-in's, you would need to plumb through the antenna to get a spot on reception. Prolex used to offer aux-in modules but are currently unavailable. trust me a radio swap is the way forward as it allows greater flexibility for the future and if you do sell the car you can easily put the stock radio back in.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=37720&hl=

The Harmon Kit is fantastic.. we sell a few different ipod stereo units at my work and this is by far the best...

However, you are never going to get the best sound going throu the FM aerial, at best it will ony be as good as say radio 1 when you are right under a mast!!

i would agree and say there is nothing better than chonging the stereo with there specific ipod leads and using the loom adaptor of eBay.

There is a panasonic unit with ipod adaptor availiable for under £200 and it has a changable display to match that of the car.

gonna set you back about £250 all in with a facis adaptor but will be a lot better and you can hind the ipod out of sight and controll it all of the Headunit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links