Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painting

lexus_tom

Hello, I got myself some eyelids off eBay for £15 inc p+p but in carbon as this was about £40 cheaper. I need to paint them silver and was wondering once theyre painted do they need a coat of lacquer?? How many coats of paint should I look for and how many coats of lacquer (if required)? Many thanks, Tom :)

Hello, I got myself some eyelids off eBay for £15 inc p+p but in carbon as this was about £40 cheaper. I need to paint them silver and was wondering once theyre painted do they need a coat of lacquer?? How many coats of paint should I look for and how many coats of lacquer (if required)? Many thanks, Tom :)

Not too sure, I think most people send them to a body shop to be sprayed so the colour matches.

Make sure that they get around 3 coats of the correct primer before you put any topcoats on them.

They may need a plasticiser coat first. Then your correct colour code to match your bodywork then laquer.

Great preperation will give a great finish.

I payed a tenner to get a couple painted and some rear lens covers.

So not really worth the hassle to paint them yourself

Hi. I think im just gonna give it a go, as the local body shop told me it was not worth ordering the colour mix paint to do them as it would cost a further £40. Id like to know where you got rear lens covers and if you would be able to post a pic please. Thanks, Tom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links