Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sat Nav Screen Problem

right my people my screen is being a real pain

when i touch it nothing is happening, 99.99% of the time it wont work

but when u start the car, and the sat nav disclaimer comes up, when u press i agree that works most of the time

but for the rest of the time i cant touch select nothing, so cant adjust heaters etc etc

anyone know how i can fix this, or know when i can get another screen from if the screen is the problem

all feedback shall be highly appreciated as its doing my head in now

hi it doesnt beep no

it wont work in any mode, cant use the nav cant adjust heaters etc

does anyone know if the screen from a ls400 is the same, as it looks the same

Sounds like the emv screen then, the LS400 looks the same but it doesn't have the temperature displays on the EMV they are on a seperate LCD.

Start with the simplest things first.

Mine became unresponsive but we pulled out a fuse from the engine bay, can't remember which one it was unfortunately as we just did them in sequence but you'll know which it is when no power is going to the unit. After about 10 minutes we plugged it back in and then put the ignition key back and it sort of rebooted coming up with different messages i'd not seen before on the screen. It's been fine ever since.

Might be worth a try before spending any money.

Mine became unresponsive but we pulled out a fuse from the engine bay, can't remember which one it was unfortunately as we just did them in sequence but you'll know which it is when no power is going to the unit. After about 10 minutes we plugged it back in and then put the ignition key back and it sort of rebooted coming up with different messages i'd not seen before on the screen. It's been fine ever since.

It runs from the radio (2?) fuse in the engine bay - i think its one at the end.

right will try that tomorrow and let u know how i get on

(fingers crossed)

right i removed the fuse " radio "

which killed off all sound, but the sat nav etc was still on

so does this mean it was the wrong fuse?

Yes it was a high ampage one, i'll try and remember to lift the bonnet and have a look tommorow at which one it was, or you could just pull them all out one at a time until you find the one that turns it off, that's what I did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
right ok

finding a screen is proving to be very difficuilt

Chaps,

The touch screens on the Lexus, akin with many cars, is capacitive rather than resistive. In plain English, this means that the screen locates the touch of your finger(s) based on capacitance change under the touched area ...etc.

Like everything, this has advantages and disadvantages, amongst the latter being a tendancy to stray-of calibration, and that's when it gets a little awkward.

It is possible to force the screen to re-calibrate through the diags socket of the main ECU, and this is not difficult to do if you have the CAN/OBD II (depending on model) computer + software. If you don't, refer it to someone who has, and it's a 10 mins job max.

Do that before spending hundreds on a new screen.

Just my 2-pennies worth.

Cheers ..

worldentropy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links