Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Privilege-ireland

Colm

I tried to sign up for Lexus Privilege from the lexus.ie (Irish) website on the 2nd Jan (Tuesday), after getting my new IS.

It said that I would get a response within 24 hours. I'd heard nothing by that Friday, so telephoned Lexus ....the number from the website for those having difficulty signing up. A nice lady took my details and promised to sort it out and call me back.

It's now a week later, and I still haven't heard anything.

Is this worth following up? Is there any real advantage by signing up for the Lexus Privilege, or am I chasing up something that is pointless in having?

Colm

I asked about this when i bought my car. The dealer who is a mate of mine told me he never heard of this before and would check into it. He probably didn't check into it but i'm sure he would have set me up with this if he knew about it.

I'd like to know how you got on.

I signed up for the Privilege club for the sake of it.

After registering your details, you will get a 'pack' sent out to you which includes a snazzy black membership card and a dealer questionnaire. Post took about three weeks.

Apart from that, you get:

# Option to attend Lexus Ireland golf days

# Horse racing at Leopardstown over Christmas for the Lexus Chase

# Discount at a few golf courses

# Access to selected events/concerts etc but not apparently free of charge

No merchandise etc - site just lists the current items available and refers you to the dealership - no prices etc

So, unless you're hung up on the black card peeking out of your wallet - no tangible benefit really.

P.

I asked about this when i bought my car. The dealer who is a mate of mine told me he never heard of this before and would check into it. He probably didn't check into it but i'm sure he would have set me up with this if he knew about it.

I'd like to know how you got on.

It takes them a while to get back to you, another phone call to Lexus (Irl) wouldn't go amiss.

They offer a Lexus privilege card which entitles you to two free rounds of golf per year at Mount Juliet, plus you can bring friends for half price. Free nosh up and Corporate day at the Lexus Chase in Leopardstown at Christmas ( if you can stand the smell of horses) and various cheap weekends away etc. You might as well have it you are paying for it anyway! Myself, I would prefer a new free sat/nav disc plus instructions on how to put it in easily.

Did you get your free leather Lexus diary yet?

Did you get your free leather Lexus diary yet?

Didn't get a diary from them.

Do you have to send back the dealer experience response survey to get one?

BTW - while collecting my car, I asked the dealer about the Lexus merchandise on display in the showroom, and how much of it he would be loading into my boot... ;)

He rather sniffily replied along the lines that 'this is Lexus, sir. We don't do such things'.

Actually, didn't even try to sell me any of it, now that I think of it.

P

I signed up last year, got the free diary with my initials in it. I've lent my card 2 a buddy who golfs and organised a time with the dealer for it. I alos got invites to golf opens in galway, brother wouldn't use it as he drives a 91 nissan and reckons it'd be a bit suss. I think the reasoning behind it is that audi do it in ireland and its very popular. was temped for the event organiser but they haven't done any good gigs yet. u get a stay in top hotel and dropped and collected to concert in gs or ls and access to vip area

Thanks guys.

Apparently they are in the middle of changing over computer systems, and there will be a slight delay in issuing details to new members (delay wasn't quantified....just hoping to have it done soon).

No diary yet....doubt it will be replacing my pda though ;)

Don't play golf.....but I'm sure I can find someone who'll enjoy a free round......will I have to lend them the Lexus for the day?? :sick::ohmy:

Colm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links