Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys n gals

Just bought myself a 95 LS400 in black over grey. full lexus sevice history. low milage as well. i had to travel to get it and in my 20 years at looking at cars it is the first car that has been described accurately(thanks Jonathan Evan Car Sales). Drove from cardiff to scotland to get the boat back to Northern Ireland and the car is fantastic. never had cruise control before and it makes driving so easy. buckets of room and everything is electric. You guys know all this anyway so i have just one problem.

wiper blades. i need a new set and dont know what to go for. Are the PIAA blade worth the money? is there an additive i can put in the washer bottle that will clean the screen but not ruin the paint job.

Looking forward to my new relationship with my new mafia staff car. i reckon i could fit 3 bodies in the boot/trunk :D

cheers

big sinky

Firstly, congratulations on becoming the owner of one of the few saloon cars that qualify as being the best car in the world.

I also have a UCF20 LS400 like yourself, except it’s a series 4, but I think the wipers are the same since the chassis shape is the same. When it came to wipers I had a slight problem where I couldn’t find wiper blades which fitted to the arms. I tried some Bosch wipers and after lots of fiddling around they just wouldn’t fit (even though the back of the packet said its suitable for the LS400). Eventually for the passenger side (which is a 16") blade I found that Halfords own brand fitted the arm first time without any problems. As for the 22" driver side I couldn't find a wiper blade at all which fitted the arm, so I just gave up and went to toyota and got a driver side re-fill for £7. Both of these have lasted me just over 2 years so they havn't been too bad.

You might want to check if PIAA will fit, especially on the driver side.

Could anybody else confirm if PIAA or which other blades they have fitted their 2nd generation LS400 and are good and which ones fit the arms without problems ?

Thanks.

yep very pleased. makes for very lazy driving but the engine has a slight problem. I can't hear it at tickover :D nice to be able to hold a conversation at 80 mph unlike my subaru :(. anyways subaru get stripped out now for racing only.

yep very pleased. makes for very lazy driving but the engine has a slight problem. I can't hear it at tickover :D nice to be able to hold a conversation at 80 mph unlike my subaru :(. anyways subaru get stripped out now for racing only.

:offtopic: ... but no one minds.

Brilliant plan!

Horses for courses,

stripped out woosh bang rice burners for weekend fun.

Luxury cruiser for the rest of the time.

I followed the same route but my weekend toy only has 2 wheels.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links